"No array is defined??"

Patola

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
I just built a new AMD Athlon XP2000 computer with an Asus A7V333mhz w/ raid mobo, 80gb hard drive, Audigy Gamer sound card, and ATI Radeon 8500 video card. I partitioned my 80gig hd in half (40/40) and installed Window XP Pro. Everytime i start my compter, i get a blinking message that states "No array is defined - type [cntrl F] for fastbuild utilty or [cnrtl c] to continue booting." Do any of you guys know what this means?? I ususally wait a few seconds after the blinking message and then my WidowsXP OS comes to the screen and everything is working fine. No problems. what does "no array is defined" mean??

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
It is detecting your onboard raid as active. Can you jumper it to IDE on the MB or just disable it in BIOS?

<b><font color=blue>The shortest distance between two points is under construction....

You're saying you partitioned one physical 80GB drive into 2 x 40GB partitions, and then enabled RAID???

Disable the RAID in the BIOS.

<b><font color=blue>~ What do you mean "It isn't working!"...Now where's my sonic screwdriver? ~ </font color=blue></b>

Patola

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
Thanks for the help you guys. I didn't realize my raid was enabled on my motherboard. I think that was the problem. I never wanted to use the raid option. I thought it was disabled by default. It's kind of wierd though, the raid option nor the on board sound is in the bios?? I have to disable those two using their jumpers. Anyways...thanks again for your help!!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
LoL how true.
my epox has 2!
one to clear the cmos, the other to select FSB.
even thats more useful as if its set on 100 you can still access 133 and above.

So I fixed my BIG PC problem by pressing the reset button. I'm not a moron am i? :lol: