liufang0210

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2002
When I restarted my computer,I said:"NTLDR is missing Press any key to restart"I ues Windows2000,Then I installed Windows98 for double os.I installed and reinstalled the OS for 2 or 3 times.Because there was always some error during the setup.Then I came with the problem.I run scandisk it reported there is some bad clusters in my harddisk.What do you think of my problem?Have my harddisk broken?
Thanks very much for your answering!

:cool: <font color=blue>I'm a English learner,a computer fun!</font color=blue> :lol:

If you've got bad clusters, get yourself a new hardrive and go to www.bootdisk.com and download the hardrive recovery utility if you've got files you need to recover from the bad drive.

liufang0210

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2002
Are there any software can recover the bad clusters in the harddisk?I think if the damage is not phsically it can be recovered.

:cool: <font color=blue>I'm a English learner,a computer fun!</font color=blue> :lol:

Stain

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2002
Isn't that exactly what scandisk does?!

Try booting from a Win98/ME startup and running scandisk on your HD, make sure to do the surface scan :\

That should give you a good idea if your HD is toast or not and hopefully it'll get you booting :)