Sign in with
Your question

Weird Computer problem...(related to floppy drive)

Last response: in Components
July 2, 2002 5:15:27 AM

Whenever I click on My Computer, my floppy drive makes a noise as if it's trying to read from the drive. This never used to happen before when I clicked on My Computer. It only started doing this a couple of days ago. I just want to know if there is some way to fix this.

Any help is appreciated.
July 2, 2002 9:27:16 PM

Its probably a software problem. However, it might also be a powersupply issue, although I think its highly unlikely. Does it only occur when you use keyb/mouse or also when your CPU is loaded? If thats the case its probably a PSU issue. The extra load makes your voltage dip and somehow your floppy is the only thing that notices it.
July 4, 2002 4:55:42 PM

It happens when I double-click on 'My Computer' But now it also happens at random times. I did reformat my hard drive a couple of weeks ago, I'm not sure if that might be the problem.
July 6, 2002 9:04:50 PM

I once had a system that would access the floppy at random, even in the middle of the night! I thought it might be posessed, so I burned it.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>
!