Vodafone K750i

Hiya

New to Sony Ericsson, been give a K750i by work, how do i make MP3 has
ringtones, not had any luck so far, is there a convertor i need, so it not
possible.

Thx

Leigh-Anne

--
This Email has been VIRUS Checked with Norton AntiVirus 2005 Before being
sent.

    "Leigh-Anne Mills" <Leigh_annemills@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hiya
    >
    > New to Sony Ericsson, been give a K750i by work, how do i make MP3 has
    > ringtones, not had any luck so far, is there a convertor i need, so it not
    > possible.
    >
    > Thx
    >
    > Leigh-Anne

    open the settings menu. (usually the spanner on main menu)
    It should open on the general tab.
    Move right till you are on the sounds and alerts tab.
    Move down to ringtone then press select (top left button on key pad)
    Select the ringtones folder in the list that appears
    Select the MP3 you want from this list, the press select.
    If the MP3 is not in the folder, make sure that when u copy the file across
    it goes in this folder x:\MSSEMC\Media files\audio\ringtones (where x is
    your drive letter)

    > Just read the thread and another thread on a different forum.
    > I cant beleive vodafone block the use of mp3s as ringtones.
    > What a lame company

    Yup! The sooner we can unlock & debrand these phones the better! Having said
    that I couldn't have got a better deal on a K750 from anyone else!

    "elziko" <elziko@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Just read the thread and another thread on a different forum.
    > > I cant beleive vodafone block the use of mp3s as ringtones.
    > > What a lame company
    >
    > Yup! The sooner we can unlock & debrand these phones the better! Having
    said
    > that I couldn't have got a better deal on a K750 from anyone else!

    I got a K750i for £280 simfree.
    I cant see how vodafone has the right to disable the fuctions a phone has
    that a lot of consumers buy it for.
    Sticking to orange with my out here pack and month of free gprs.

    Hi guys

    I know this has prob been asked in the past but I am new to this group

    I have just been reading the thread about the K750i and MP3's I have just
    checked the user manual and this is a NON network dependent feature and is a
    standard feature on the phone provided for by Sony.

    What is the legal standing on this as far as I am aware if you tried to send
    the phone back under warranty then sony could say no becouse you have used
    3rd party software on the phone.

    I am going to ring CPW tomorrow and aruge my case or on Tuesday when I
    receive the phone and have to ring to say I have it.

    Are there any points I can raise from a legal point of veiw about the
    blocking by vodafraud as one of the reasons I went for this phone was the
    MP3 feature, I am going to argue im not prepared to do anything not stated
    in the user manual see if that helps but prob wont.

    Are there any other standard features that Voda block just so I can be
    prepared.

    All the best guys

    Paul

Ericsson Vodafone