Lian-Li 6X or 7X?

WxNemesis

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2002
Does anyone have a 7X case? I'm trying to decide on which one would be better for me. I am looking for plenty of room and features. I've read many reviews on the 6X but can't find any on the 7X.

Are they basically the same except size? I plan on using the case I buy for a looonnng time so cost is only a small factor in my decision process.

Would a different case brand be a better bet?

My other computer is a Cray...

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
7X is larger than 6X and have more bays. I have cases from Antec, Cooler Master, and Lian Li. I think Lian Li is my favorite case.

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
The 7X has six 5 1/4" and three 3 1/2" bays!!! Do you really think you can fill all those bays? The 6X has 4 and 3 bays respectively.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/cases-mods/lian_li/pc70/index.htm" target="_new"><b>Review PC70</b></A>

<b><font color=blue>The shortest distance between two points is under construction....

buddry

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
7x are towers and 6x are midsized. That should tell you enough.

That is a nice <b><font color=green>Garbage Can</font color=green></b> you have there!

WxNemesis

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2002
Thanks, OldBear, for the link!

I don't plan on having to use all the bays, but who knows? At a minimum, I'll have a CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, CD-RW, and floppy. I've always believed in having more than not enough. I also didn't know what added benefits are to having a tower case as opposed to a mid-tower other than the size.

Isn't it better to have more room for airflow around components and to keep cables/cords tame? Let me know if I'm mistaken because I only consider myself an intermediate computer geek. :)

My other computer is a Cray...

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
You can't really go wrong with a full tower. It does give you plenty of room for mods or about anything
you would want. The extra room does help with cooling and you can put plenty of fans inside for air flow.
If you have the room, I think you would like it.

<b>R.I.P. <font color=green>FatBurger</font color=green>. </b> :smile:

TRENDING THREADS