Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Windows cant format my usb fl

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
April 19, 2012 1:08:04 PM

Hello,
when i try to format my flash it says windows does not recognise this device as extrnal or internal device.my flash is FAT please help my e mail is freendovi@gmail.com

More about : windows format usb

April 28, 2012 9:36:17 AM

unpluging it from the power supply its not working.what next
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
April 28, 2012 11:53:48 AM

bali_03 said:
unpluging it from the power supply its not working.what next



1) - What info (If any) shows in disk management ?

2) - Is it recognized in another computer ? If not, it is faulty, replace it.
May 5, 2012 9:32:55 AM

ksiemb said:
1) - What info (If any) shows in disk management ?

2) - Is it recognized in another computer ? If not, it is faulty, replace it.

It is recognised in my computer and disk mngt shows the size of the drive as 3.7GB
May 5, 2012 9:36:35 AM

ksiemb said:
1) - What info (If any) shows in disk management ?

2) - Is it recognized in another computer ? If not, it is faulty, replace it.

its recognised even on my computer but as soon as you insert it it say format disk.in disc mngt it shows the size of the flash
May 5, 2012 10:10:44 AM

try changing the file system, format it using fat32 or NTFS then re-format it again as fat hmmm there is another thing you could do.. which I totally forgot... *googles it*
a b $ Windows 7
May 5, 2012 11:15:34 AM

bali_03 said:
It is recognised in my computer and disk mngt shows the size of the drive as 3.7GB

did disk mgmt also show a drive letter assigned, file status fat32 and healthy status ? Give me all the info, not just size.
!