MN-700 stops working

Last response: in Networking
Share
April 25, 2004 6:22:27 PM

I have an MN-700 with the latest upgrade patch applied. I
have two laptops, one with a Dell true mobile 1150 and
the other laptop has a Dell true mobile 1400. I can stay
connected for a few hours then I lose connectivity on
both laptops. I can still get on the internet with my
physically connected PC but my laptops stop responding to
DHCP and when statically assigned within the same subnet
it still can't get out. The only way I can get back on
the network is to reboot the MN-700, right after reboot
eveything works again. I am using WPA 256bit encryption
with all the defaults set except the router password.

Any ideas whats going on here?

More about : 700 stops working

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 25, 2004 7:37:16 PM

Me too Todd.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 27, 2004 12:09:40 AM

I have the same problem you have and need some help from
someone out there. I have the MN-700 connected directly
to my laptop with wireless off. After a few hours it cuts
the connection and the MN-700 fails to function. If I
connect my laptop directly to my Cable Modem it works fine
and sees the network. I looked at the MN-700 log and
found that for some reason the MN-700 resets back to 1999
and gets an old lease. I have to constantly reboot the MN-
700. I have already downloaded all the patches and
drivers. I hope the fix is something simple. I would
hate to send the MN-700 back. It works great when it's
passing traffic. Thank You.

a b D Laptop
May 1, 2004 7:15:41 PM

Similar problem. Works for awhile, then Internet access
stops working. I can access the modem, but I have to reboot
BOTH the cable modem & the mn-700 to get things working
again. I can release/renew OK, but that's it. Note that my
Internet connection works fine if PC directly connected to
the cable modem.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 4, 2004 3:13:01 PM

I too am having this problem not too long after upgrading my firm ware in the router, I can stay connected only for a few hours then i lose all connectivity with the DSL but when connected right too the modem it works Ive gone in to my log and I too am see it showing 1999 dates I can reconnect quickly if i renew the router numbers but that only lasts a little while till i have to reset it again,

Is there any way to manual set the date instead of letting the date and time auto update from the website? maybe that would fix it.

!