P800, P900, P910.... what's next?

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
June 23, 2005 8:08:40 PM

Is there any info on the P910 successor? Are they even doing one?

Thanks

andyt

More about : p800 p900 p910

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 8:08:41 PM

CDMA??????? NOT....

3G
Mega-pixel Camera
Wi-Fi
Better Screen
GSM Rulz...
June 23, 2005 9:23:01 PM

I can't really see a need for one other than adding,

CDMA
Wi-Fi
a better camera (aka k700i?)

other than that it does what it is supposed to and is good for at least the
next year or two. For the size and weight there is little out there that
can challenge it. The PPC based units are too big (aka Imate 2k aka O2
xdaII) and u look a muppet using one next to your ear!

The problem all these units will have is the screen and useability of. Its
always going to be a trade off until, and its a big until, the flexible
screens become commercially available. This article will explain far far
better than I can.

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,53732,00.html

These are my thoughts anyway and I'm sure others will have their view.
June 24, 2005 1:30:50 AM

<1234@12.com> wrote in message news:VdCue.47182$Vj3.17242@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

> I can't really see a need for one other than adding,
>
> a better camera (aka k700i?)

Camera on the k700 isn't worth much... (have one)
The camera on the k750 has 2 Mpix (so they say), that's a start.

Sven
June 24, 2005 8:41:00 PM

erm it has Bluetooth
The screen on the 910i is good, deff an improvement over 800 and 900

camera, I would agree BUT it is useful especially if u need proof for
something !

3g i've yet to see a decent use for it, has anyone else? I don;t mean
sports clips either !
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 11:50:49 PM

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:08:40 GMT, Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

>Is there any info on the P910 successor? Are they even doing one?

I was at the CommuicAsia show in Singapore last week where they were showing
off all the new models, except for a P910 successor.

The person I spoke to at the S.E. booth said they'd probably announce in
October & release at end of year. So, I guess I'll stick with my P800 for the
time being.

Dave

The email address used for sending these postings is not valid.
All replies to the group please.
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 11:50:50 PM

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:50:49 +0800, Dave Baker
<newsgroup_poster@jodael.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:08:40 GMT, Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk>
>wrote:
>

>>Is there any info on the P910 successor? Are they even doing one?
>
>I was at the CommuicAsia show in Singapore last week where they were showing
>off all the new models, except for a P910 successor.
>
>The person I spoke to at the S.E. booth said they'd probably announce in
>October & release at end of year. So, I guess I'll stick with my P800 for the
>time being.

Yeah, I've got a P900 and the P910 didn't seem much better to be worth
bothering with. In fact I prefer the look of the P900 anyway.

andyt
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 2:20:44 AM

> 3g i've yet to see a decent use for it, has anyone else? I don;t mean
> sports clips either !

You need a camera (so much for my no camera argument), but video
teleconferencing comes to mind. My girlfriend's over in Japan right now,
and her phone's capable of it on Vodafone's network.
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 5:04:03 PM

The email client on the P910 is improved; supports IMAP folder subscriptions
now.

Also, BlackBerry Connect works on the P910 for enterprise email.

On 6/24/05 7:50 AM, in article bqsnb156ig1bohultc233iu9dljq8ii17h@4ax.com,
"Dave Baker" <newsgroup_poster@jodael.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:08:40 GMT, Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk>
> wrote:
>

>> Is there any info on the P910 successor? Are they even doing one?
>
> I was at the CommuicAsia show in Singapore last week where they were showing
> off all the new models, except for a P910 successor.
>
> The person I spoke to at the S.E. booth said they'd probably announce in
> October & release at end of year. So, I guess I'll stick with my P800 for the
> time being.
>
> Dave
>
> The email address used for sending these postings is not valid.
> All replies to the group please.
July 2, 2005 2:36:24 PM

the "P1000" is being tested I hear..

!