P800, P900, P910.... what's next?

Is there any info on the P910 successor? Are they even doing one?

Thanks

andyt
9 answers Last reply
More about p800 p900 p910 what next

    CDMA??????? NOT....

    3G
    Mega-pixel Camera
    Wi-Fi
    Better Screen
    GSM Rulz...

    I can't really see a need for one other than adding,

    CDMA
    Wi-Fi
    a better camera (aka k700i?)

    other than that it does what it is supposed to and is good for at least the
    next year or two. For the size and weight there is little out there that
    can challenge it. The PPC based units are too big (aka Imate 2k aka O2
    xdaII) and u look a muppet using one next to your ear!

    The problem all these units will have is the screen and useability of. Its
    always going to be a trade off until, and its a big until, the flexible
    screens become commercially available. This article will explain far far
    better than I can.

    http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,53732,00.html

    These are my thoughts anyway and I'm sure others will have their view.

    <1234@12.com> wrote in message news:VdCue.47182$Vj3.17242@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

    > I can't really see a need for one other than adding,
    >
    > a better camera (aka k700i?)

    Camera on the k700 isn't worth much... (have one)
    The camera on the k750 has 2 Mpix (so they say), that's a start.

    Sven

    erm it has Bluetooth
    The screen on the 910i is good, deff an improvement over 800 and 900

    camera, I would agree BUT it is useful especially if u need proof for
    something !

    3g i've yet to see a decent use for it, has anyone else? I don;t mean
    sports clips either !

    On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:08:40 GMT, Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >Is there any info on the P910 successor? Are they even doing one?

    I was at the CommuicAsia show in Singapore last week where they were showing
    off all the new models, except for a P910 successor.

    The person I spoke to at the S.E. booth said they'd probably announce in
    October & release at end of year. So, I guess I'll stick with my P800 for the
    time being.

    Dave

    The email address used for sending these postings is not valid.
    All replies to the group please.

    On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:50:49 +0800, Dave Baker
    <newsgroup_poster@jodael.com> wrote:

    >On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:08:40 GMT, Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>Is there any info on the P910 successor? Are they even doing one?
    >
    >I was at the CommuicAsia show in Singapore last week where they were showing
    >off all the new models, except for a P910 successor.
    >
    >The person I spoke to at the S.E. booth said they'd probably announce in
    >October & release at end of year. So, I guess I'll stick with my P800 for the
    >time being.

    Yeah, I've got a P900 and the P910 didn't seem much better to be worth
    bothering with. In fact I prefer the look of the P900 anyway.

    andyt

    > 3g i've yet to see a decent use for it, has anyone else? I don;t mean
    > sports clips either !

    You need a camera (so much for my no camera argument), but video
    teleconferencing comes to mind. My girlfriend's over in Japan right now,
    and her phone's capable of it on Vodafone's network.

    The email client on the P910 is improved; supports IMAP folder subscriptions
    now.

    Also, BlackBerry Connect works on the P910 for enterprise email.

    On 6/24/05 7:50 AM, in article bqsnb156ig1bohultc233iu9dljq8ii17h@4ax.com,
    "Dave Baker" <newsgroup_poster@jodael.com> wrote:

    > On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:08:40 GMT, Andy Turner <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> Is there any info on the P910 successor? Are they even doing one?
    >
    > I was at the CommuicAsia show in Singapore last week where they were showing
    > off all the new models, except for a P910 successor.
    >
    > The person I spoke to at the S.E. booth said they'd probably announce in
    > October & release at end of year. So, I guess I'll stick with my P800 for the
    > time being.
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > The email address used for sending these postings is not valid.
    > All replies to the group please.

    the "P1000" is being tested I hear..

    "Andy Turner" <andyt@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Is there any info on the P910 successor? Are they even doing one?
    >

    > Thanks
    >

    > andyt

Ericsson