Status
Not open for further replies.

How do I create it ? no smart comments about singers .. I am talking
about the almost distoted mic sound... tecnically how do I create it ?

many thanks

how about a 57 into a nice preamp, then aux off the mix to a distortion or lofi
pedal and add some in.
Steve
www.bangrecording.com
www.blacklinerock.com

I'm guessing they used a tube mic for this sound into a tube pre.

Neil R

"BlacklineMusic" <blacklinemusic@aol.com> wrote in message
> how about a 57 into a nice preamp, then aux off the mix to a distortion or
lofi
> pedal and add some in.
> Steve
> www.bangrecording.com
> www.blacklinerock.com

I read somewhere that the GML 8200 was used for eq'ing the vocal sound.

Pete Drivere
Ampreon Recorder
1024 Mahoning Ave
Youngstown Oh 44502
330-746-5706

john.granville@prebon.com (granners) wrote in message news:<77e94da.0407280801.5faa2acc@posting.google.com>...
> How do I create it ? no smart comments about singers .. I am talking
> about the almost distoted mic sound... tecnically how do I create it ?
>
> many thanks

I suspect that this was done by running the mic through
a distorted guitar amp.

I was unable to listen to this album more than once
because I so disliked the vocal sound. Why would you
want to recreate it?

I am not sure but i believe that they fed the mic through an Avalon
737 and just cranked it up till it distorts and compressed the hell
out of it....hope it helps.

In article <8474206a.0407291439.4fa8a496@posting.google.com> Lamebirdy@hotmail.com writes:

> I am not sure but i believe that they fed the mic through an Avalon
> 737 and just cranked it up till it distorts and compressed the hell
> out of it....

With treatment like that, how could you tell one preamp from another?
What difference would it make?

In article <znr1091149382k@trad>, Mike Rivers <mrivers@d-and-d.com> wrote:

>In article <8474206a.0407291439.4fa8a496@posting.google.com> Lamebirdy@hotmail.com writes:
>
>> I am not sure but i believe that they fed the mic through an Avalon
>> 737 and just cranked it up till it distorts and compressed the hell
>> out of it....
>
>With treatment like that, how could you tell one preamp from another?
>What difference would it make?

They all clip differently. Clipping a preamp with a transformer front end
that saturates is very different than clipping a single-ended stage which
is very different than clipping s push-pull stage. They're all nasty
distortion, but different nasty distortion.
--scott