Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Downloading Speed dropped A LOT

Last response: in Networking
July 25, 2012 7:15:00 AM

I checked my download and upload speed at speedtest.net and it says that my download speed is 6-8MBps and that my upload speed was nearly 1MBps(0.97). I did A scan on my laptop to check for any kind of virus and treats, malware, ect. and there was nothing wrong. I have just recently been downloading things slow and browser pages are loading slow too. I am currently trying to download Left 4 Dead 2 on steam and have 40-150KBps, (for those how know steam and say switch servers) I have tried switching servers and it does help at first, but it peaks at 250KBps and then goes back to ~100. So what could be causing this? Recently I deleted all my cookies, I dont think that has anything to do with it but just extra details to be sure. Please help. Thank you.

Best solution

July 25, 2012 1:23:41 PM

This seems typical of steam. My downloads usually start around 2Mb/s and drop as low as 200kb/s, It will usually go up and down throughout the download. I think steam servers are set up this way and burst to certain clients at a time.

This is especially noticable during a 1st day release or during one of their big sales like this past weeks summer sale.
August 4, 2012 11:32:49 PM

Best answer selected by Kakashi-Madara.
!