Java games on T630/T610 & K700i

Last response: in Brands
Share
June 27, 2005 1:18:02 PM

I just need a phone with a decent TFT screen to run plain old java games.
I've heard Java on T610 isn't all that good, and the K700i runs them much
better.I don't really want a K700i, so I want to ask is there any
improvement running java games on T630, or is it exactly the same as the
T610?

TIA
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 5:54:19 PM

"Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message news:o O6dnXaCu8VGKCLfRVnyhQ@pipex.net...
| I just need a phone with a decent TFT screen to run plain old java games.
| I've heard Java on T610 isn't all that good, and the K700i runs them much
| better.I don't really want a K700i, so I want to ask is there any
| improvement running java games on T630, or is it exactly the same as the
| T610?
|
| TIA
Both T610 and T630 are almost outdated by now, at least, they are both a
couple of years old. Compared to the K700i they seem very old and out of
fashion anyway. The T610 and the T630 are almost identical in terms of
technical data, same screen resolution, same color depth, etc, almost same
everything, slightly better camera though. The K700i is much more, it has
higher screen resolution, much more internal memory, built-in mp3 player and
built-in FM radio and a lot more. It's a more expensive alternative though,
even though the price is likely to fall since the K750 has been introduced
(which is a "K700++"). If you don't need bluetooth, you might consider the
K500i model, which is somewhat a "lite-version" of the K700. I have a K700i
myself, and all Java games I have tested run smothly on it, even 3D-games.
However, if gaming is your main objective, you might consider a gameboy
advance or a playstation portable instead, a cellphone can never beat those
when it comes to gaming performance ;-)

--
/Danne
d a n (dot) a l t e m y r (at) t e l i a (dot) c o m