My laptop doesnt detect wifi from trendnet router,where as it can detect my neig

bibash

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
Hello,
i need help, my acer laptop can detect my neighbour's wifi but cant detect my wifi which i connected today , my router is trendnet , it works perfectly in PC and my Phone can also connect to its wifi , but my laptop wont even detect the wireless network

Brandon88_79

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
Hi all,

I just purchased a Trendnet TEW-692GR router with hopes of upgrading from my Linksys WRT54G as I have to unplug it daily to use wireless.

Long story short, I hooked up the new Trendnet router, programmed all my settings, and none of my laptops (3 in total, all using XP or Vista) will find any wifi connection being transmitted from it. If I plug the computer directly into the router via ethernet it does work.

My Iphone5 was able to find the 5Ghz SSID broadcast and I am able to connect to it and use the internet, however it does not see the 2.4Ghz broadcast.

I called Trendnet's tech support and was on the phone with them for 45 minutes who had me change all my previous settings, do a hard reboot, etc., and the tech I was speaking with said a supervisor would have to call me back within 30 minutes (it has been over 2 hours with no call so far). I did change the channels, etc. to no avail.

Any ideas on why the 2.4ghz SSID broadcast would not be found by any of my laptops and iphone; and the 5ghz SSID broadcast only found by my Iphone?