Sign in with
Your question

Tenvis JPT3815w IPcam-Remote Access - Devices

Last response: in Networking
July 26, 2012 6:17:03 PM

Camera ; Tenvis JPT3815w .... Modem; Speedstream 4300 (>combo<) Router; Belkin F7D2301 v1 ISP ; Windstream.net

Three months at it now!!...trying to get my domain link to work in accessing my home IPcam. Finally success in bridgeing the modem. Successfully set router to PPPoE mode. I can browse the web. Router log shows all good.
**** Month ago, with modem in default combo state, I put the Belkin in modem's DMZ. At that point, family was able to access my WiFi IPcam using the current WAN-IP, and IPcam Port #. Thought I was really getting close to total working state. Oh, ... the other 50% would be my domain name at DYNDNS.org. It has never worked. It IS updated via my Belkin router, with my home WAN-IP ! After trying all sorts of tweaks, I gave in and tried the 3rd time to bridge the modem, and set router on PPPoE.
****So that's done. I was real pleased to be able to access my router from remote WiFi spot. Modem is bridged, so cant access it. But now , I cant access the IPcam even using the WAN-IP and Port # ????? And, alas.... I still cant access it using my domain link with dyndns.org.
.....I have set port-forwarding for my IPcam (8181), and... for kicks(?) I also forwarded Port 80(web port) to the IPcam. I've seen that as a requirement on other devices, including IP cams. Still a no-go. Oh, and UPnP IS enabled on router and camera, tho' I've read that it can conflict with port-forwarding rules? So, why do I ALWAYS read that it should be enabled ??
.....I also have the IPcam in the Belkin's DMZ, tho' not sure why it would have to be, or if that's a problem even? *** IPcam has a STATIC IP on the home LAN net. **>> The Belkin has no means of "reserving" an IP for a PC or device- tied to it's MAC address- that I can find. Despite this, I've had half my home PCs and devices set on static IPs and all was fine. The IP #s are "outside" of the Belkins DHCP range !!<< I would leave DHCP ON, and it would assign IPs to anything that I had not. It just wouldn't display the STATIC devices at all, anywhere. But they all functioned.
*** I can access my router remotely ! I WAS able to access the IPcam remotely- but only using my WAN-IP plus IPcam Port #. Both of these point to at least something correctly configured ! The vast majority are on the side of bridgeing the modem, which is where I'm now at.
_>_>_ FIREWALLS? Always a stickler, or not? I've entered all port numbers, dyndns.org, even WAN-IPs that are being used.(again... for kicks?) Brings up a question, which could vary by router make.; Everything listed under the heading of "FIREWALL"-- they take any input you throw at them, even if the FIRWALL is "disabled"?? Either in the modem, or the router, I saw "custom" as an option (dont think it was the Belkin). Does the DMZ and Port-Forward, etc. all work even if the FIREWALL itself is DISABLED ??
...** With the modem in "bridge" mode, should all settings that may have "stuck", now be disabled and not a concern?? Regardless of the question - I DID power-off the modem, then connect it ONLY - to the PC when putting it in "Bridge" mode.
...... WHAT HAVE I MISSED ?? , OR NOT TRIED ?? What else can I do??

mrlewp
IP VIDEO NEWBIE

September 10, 2012 7:26:38 AM

mrlewp said:
Camera ; Tenvis JPT3815w .... Modem; Speedstream 4300 (>combo<) Router; Belkin F7D2301 v1 ISP ; Windstream.net

Three months at it now!!...trying to get my domain link to work in accessing my home IPcam. Finally success in bridgeing the modem. Successfully set router to PPPoE mode. I can browse the web. Router log shows all good.
**** Month ago, with modem in default combo state, I put the Belkin in modem's DMZ. At that point, family was able to access my WiFi IPcam using the current WAN-IP, and IPcam Port #. Thought I was really getting close to total working state. Oh, ... the other 50% would be my domain name at DYNDNS.org. It has never worked. It IS updated via my Belkin router, with my home WAN-IP ! After trying all sorts of tweaks, I gave in and tried the 3rd time to bridge the modem, and set router on PPPoE.
****So that's done. I was real pleased to be able to access my router from remote WiFi spot. Modem is bridged, so cant access it. But now , I cant access the IPcam even using the WAN-IP and Port # ????? And, alas.... I still cant access it using my domain link with dyndns.org.
.....I have set port-forwarding for my IPcam (8181), and... for kicks(?) I also forwarded Port 80(web port) to the IPcam. I've seen that as a requirement on other devices, including IP cams. Still a no-go. Oh, and UPnP IS enabled on router and camera, tho' I've read that it can conflict with port-forwarding rules? So, why do I ALWAYS read that it should be enabled ??
.....I also have the IPcam in the Belkin's DMZ, tho' not sure why it would have to be, or if that's a problem even? *** IPcam has a STATIC IP on the home LAN net. **>> The Belkin has no means of "reserving" an IP for a PC or device- tied to it's MAC address- that I can find. Despite this, I've had half my home PCs and devices set on static IPs and all was fine. The IP #s are "outside" of the Belkins DHCP range !!<< I would leave DHCP ON, and it would assign IPs to anything that I had not. It just wouldn't display the STATIC devices at all, anywhere. But they all functioned.
*** I can access my router remotely ! I WAS able to access the IPcam remotely- but only using my WAN-IP plus IPcam Port #. Both of these point to at least something correctly configured ! The vast majority are on the side of bridgeing the modem, which is where I'm now at.
_>_>_ FIREWALLS? Always a stickler, or not? I've entered all port numbers, dyndns.org, even WAN-IPs that are being used.(again... for kicks?) Brings up a question, which could vary by router make.; Everything listed under the heading of "FIREWALL"-- they take any input you throw at them, even if the FIRWALL is "disabled"?? Either in the modem, or the router, I saw "custom" as an option (dont think it was the Belkin). Does the DMZ and Port-Forward, etc. all work even if the FIREWALL itself is DISABLED ??
...** With the modem in "bridge" mode, should all settings that may have "stuck", now be disabled and not a concern?? Regardless of the question - I DID power-off the modem, then connect it ONLY - to the PC when putting it in "Bridge" mode.
...... WHAT HAVE I MISSED ?? , OR NOT TRIED ?? What else can I do??

mrlewp
IP VIDEO NEWBIE

Hi Mrlewp,
If you want to access your camera remotely, you may need to complete the following steps:

1.Port forwarding:
You can try UPNP ( Automatic port forwarding) first, enable it in the camera.

And if it does not work, you can do it manual,. You could find help in the user manual of the router, or find some 3rd part manual to help you, such as : http://www.pcwintech.com/port-forwarding-guides

2.DDNS setting:
You can set DDNS setting like this:

DDNS service: 9299.org or Tenvis.org
Update URL: http://www.tenvis.org/upgengxin.asp
DDNS Mode: 1
DDNS User: abcd (for example)
DDNS Password: 123456
DDNS Domain: tenvis.org
And you can login the camera by this URL:
http://abcd.tenvis.org:81
81 is the port of the camera.

You also could come to our support page:http://www.tenvis.com/support_service.html
Please contact with our customer service. They will help you solve your problem.
m
l
Related resources
!