Quiet rear speakers?!

Stain

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2002
I'm running nForce APU 5.1 (analog) and my rear speakers are a lot farther from me than my others. Is there any software/setting/way to raise the volume on my rear speakers yet still leave the other channels alone?

I would like to do this without some sort of external reciever/hardware aka w/o spending money ;)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
There is no "position" screen? Seems odd, sense a lot of this hardware was designed by laid off Aureal engineers.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Supposedly the software implementation of nforce audio is in poor shape.

Athlon XP 1700+,KT266A,Geforce3, Audigy.. 'nuff said.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
BTW, I wasn't refering to Soundblaster features, which usually don't work anyway, I was refering to Aureal Vortex 2 features.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>

Stain

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2002
We'll all I know is as of now there is nothing for speaker positioning. 5.1 works great but I can barely hear the rear speakers. Sound blaster cards are the only sound cards I've ever used besides this so I'm not even sure what Aureal Vortex 2 is. :frown:
And of course if I had rear volume control I would have never asked for help, there are a few things I can figure out on my own. :wink:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well, I wish I had that board, so I could look the software over, but since I don't, the least I can do is keep this listing posted at the top so someone who does can read it. I personally get 4.1 through two sets of speakers.