P800 stolen. Data backed up though. Can I get it into a P9..

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
July 22, 2005 9:58:01 PM

My P800 just got stolen today. Luckily I back up my data fairly often & have
most of what I need.

The big question is - can I upload this data straight into a P910 if I go out
& buy one?

I've still got all the other hardware & software from the P800 - mounting
cradle & Backup & Restore software (version 1.7.2.1) but presumably the new
phone will come with cables & software, so all I really need to worry about
is whether the P800 backup format can be loaded directly into the P910.

Dave

The email address used for sending these postings is not valid.
All replies to the group please.
July 22, 2005 9:58:02 PM

No, you can't!!

======================================================================================================================

from SE web site;
Can I make a backup of a P800 and restore into a P900 or P910

Unfortunately you are not able to make a backup of a P800/P802 and
restore it onto the P900/P908/P910i/P910a/P910c, or of a P900/P908 and
restore it onto the P910i/P910a/P910c.
The reason for this is that they have different data structures and
different filesystems. To transfer data between the different phone models,
please use BluetoothT, Infrared or Memory Stick® DuoT. The easiest way to
perform the data transfer is to use Memory Stick® DuoT.

This solution is valid for the following product and environment:

P800

P900

P908

P802

P910i

P910a

P910c
============================================================================================================

"Dave Baker" <newsgroup_poster@jodael.com> wrote in message
> My P800 just got stolen today. Luckily I back up my data fairly often &
> have
> most of what I need.
>
> The big question is - can I upload this data straight into a P910 if I go
> out
> & buy one?
>
> I've still got all the other hardware & software from the P800 - mounting
> cradle & Backup & Restore software (version 1.7.2.1) but presumably the
> new
> phone will come with cables & software, so all I really need to worry
> about
> is whether the P800 backup format can be loaded directly into the P910.
>
> Dave
>
> The email address used for sending these postings is not valid.
> All replies to the group please.
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 10:39:37 PM

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 17:58:01 +0800, Dave Baker <newsgroup_poster@jodael.com>
wrote:

>The big question is - can I upload this data straight into a P910 if I go out
>& buy one?

Data is in a *.ecs file if this is of any more help, and if I didn't make it
clear enough, it's currently on my computer hard drive.

Dave

The email address used for sending these postings is not valid.
All replies to the group please.
July 24, 2005 3:01:40 PM

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:57:03 -0400, "micky" <00@0000hotmail.com> wrote:

>No, you can't!!

> The reason for this is that they have different data structures and
>different filesystems. To transfer data between the different phone models,
>please use BluetoothT, Infrared or Memory Stick® DuoT. The easiest way to
>perform the data transfer is to use Memory Stick® DuoT.

Yeah, I managed to find this before my shopping trip - whoever the idiot was
that decided to use different file & data structures without providing some
backwards compatibility has lost themselves at least 1 customer that used to
be very happy with his P800.

I bought a Nokia 9500 instead. A bit bigger to carry, but the web surfing &
reading emails is much better due to the wider screen.

Dave

The email address used for sending these postings is not valid.
All replies to the group please.
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 3:01:41 PM

> On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:57:03 -0400, "micky" <00@0000hotmail.com> wrote:

> I bought a Nokia 9500 instead. A bit bigger to carry, but the web surfing
> &
> reading emails is much better due to the wider screen.

And I'm still carrying my Psion 5mx because the data and apps in there are
so unique. If Nokia had made the 9500 backwards compatible with the 5mx, I
would have one!
!