gmail from P910

Has anybody been successful in setting up the mailer on the P910i for gmail's
Pop service? I can access it from my laptop, ie, the pop setup on the gmail side
works, but it does not from P910...

Ivan
5 answers Last reply
More about gmail p910

    I can't get my gmail account to work from my SE V800 either.
    I think that the gmail servers don't recognise the mail clients in the
    'phones?
    My yahoo mail account works OK.
    What does it say on the gmail help pages?

    Cheers DavyPaul

    I use profimail,
    http://www.lonelycatgames.com/index.php?note=profimail&chapter=profimail .
    the native email client in p910 is not compatible with Gmail...

    My P900 works fine on gmail - www.gmail.google.com/gmail using Opera.

    rlfeathers@gmail.com wrote:
    > My P900 works fine on gmail - www.gmail.google.com/gmail using Opera.

    Sure, that works! But it is quite a pain to edit and view messages via the
    screen (I wish Opera could display in a landscape mode....). What I was trying
    to do instead is to use gmail's pop facility to access my gmail (using my phone
    if I was not close to a better browser).

    Ivan

    micky wrote:
    > I use profimail,
    > http://www.lonelycatgames.com/index.php?note=profimail&chapter=profimail .
    > the native email client in p910 is not compatible with Gmail...
    >
    > "Ivan Herman" <ivan@ivan-herman.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Has anybody been successful in setting up the mailer on the P910i for
    >>gmail's
    >>Pop service? I can access it from my laptop, ie, the pop setup on the
    >>gmail side
    >>works, but it does not from P910...
    >>
    >>Ivan

    Thanks! I was afraid that this is the solution:-(

    I have tried profimail and it indeed works with gmail. I am not sure I am 100%
    happy with the product as it is, though (I cannot find any way to define local
    mail folders and use that to classify my mails; I would have thought that this
    is one of those features that have become 'standard' for mail clients...)...

    Ivan

Ericsson Internet Explorer Gmail