gmail from P910

Last response: in Brands
July 23, 2005 4:22:43 PM

Has anybody been successful in setting up the mailer on the P910i for gmail's
Pop service? I can access it from my laptop, ie, the pop setup on the gmail side
works, but it does not from P910...

Ivan

More about : gmail p910

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 4:22:44 PM

I can't get my gmail account to work from my SE V800 either.
I think that the gmail servers don't recognise the mail clients in the
'phones?
My yahoo mail account works OK.
What does it say on the gmail help pages?

Cheers DavyPaul
July 23, 2005 4:29:06 PM

I use profimail,
http://www.lonelycatgames.com/index.php?note=profimail&... .
the native email client in p910 is not compatible with Gmail...

"Ivan Herman" <ivan@ivan-herman.net> wrote in message
> Has anybody been successful in setting up the mailer on the P910i for
> gmail's
> Pop service? I can access it from my laptop, ie, the pop setup on the
> gmail side
> works, but it does not from P910...
>
> Ivan
July 24, 2005 5:14:39 PM

rlfeathers@gmail.com wrote:
> My P900 works fine on gmail - www.gmail.google.com/gmail using Opera.

Sure, that works! But it is quite a pain to edit and view messages via the
screen (I wish Opera could display in a landscape mode....). What I was trying
to do instead is to use gmail's pop facility to access my gmail (using my phone
if I was not close to a better browser).

Ivan
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 5:19:37 PM

micky wrote:
> I use profimail,
> http://www.lonelycatgames.com/index.php?note=profimail&... .
> the native email client in p910 is not compatible with Gmail...
>
> "Ivan Herman" <ivan@ivan-herman.net> wrote in message
>
>>Has anybody been successful in setting up the mailer on the P910i for
>>gmail's
>>Pop service? I can access it from my laptop, ie, the pop setup on the
>>gmail side
>>works, but it does not from P910...
>>
>>Ivan

Thanks! I was afraid that this is the solution:-(

I have tried profimail and it indeed works with gmail. I am not sure I am 100%
happy with the product as it is, though (I cannot find any way to define local
mail folders and use that to classify my mails; I would have thought that this
is one of those features that have become 'standard' for mail clients...)...

Ivan
!