K750i lost access to Memory Stick ?

Last response: in Brands
a b } Memory
July 25, 2005 5:52:25 PM

Hello,

I can access the MMC with the USB cable but no more directly in the phone
(to save pictures or other files)

Any ideas ?

Kind regards and thanks for any help

SG
July 26, 2005 2:28:15 AM

"news.skynet.be" <sg@sg.sg> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I can access the MMC with the USB cable but no more directly in the phone
> (to save pictures or other files)
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Kind regards and thanks for any help

Cable has to be unplugged from the handset to gain access to the memory
stick stored files.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
July 26, 2005 2:43:04 AM

"news.skynet.be" <sg@sg.sg> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I can access the MMC with the USB cable but no more directly in the phone
> (to save pictures or other files)
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Kind regards and thanks for any help
>
> SG

I get that some times if i turn pc of with k750i plugged in on the usb
cable.
Just turn the phone off and on again.
Does the trick for me anywayz
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b } Memory
July 26, 2005 2:46:07 PM

Thanks a lot

effectively a simple switch off and on and everything cames back ;-)

"news.skynet.be" <sg@sg.sg> a écrit dans le message de news:
42e4d27b$0$8412$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
> Hello,
>
> I can access the MMC with the USB cable but no more directly in the phone
> (to save pictures or other files)
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Kind regards and thanks for any help
>
> SG

July 27, 2005 3:16:14 AM

"Swiss Tony" <gwhackmybrains@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "news.skynet.be" <sg@sg.sg> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I can access the MMC with the USB cable but no more directly in the phone
>> (to save pictures or other files)
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>>
>> Kind regards and thanks for any help
>>
>> SG
>>

> I get that some times if i turn pc of with k750i plugged in on the usb
> cable.
> Just turn the phone off and on again.
> Does the trick for me anywayz

It should be common practice. Any storage device attached using USB should
be stopped first, then removed.
July 28, 2005 5:03:51 PM

NeXuS wrote:

> It should be common practice. Any storage device attached using USB should
> be stopped first, then removed.

Not at all necessary if write caching is disabled (default in WinXP) OR
the device is deactivated via the system tray (windows 2000), OR the
write cache is sync'ed (man sync, using linux).

I NEVER turn off my usb devices prior to unlugging them.

f.
--
Cujo.
<fra@despammed.com>