RAID problems........

FitChick

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2002
hi guys,

i am trying to set up a raid 0 with 2 20GB (not identical) harddisks on my machine, i have an asus a7v266-e motherboard (newest bios). i have connected the harddisks to the promise 1 and 2 ide ports on seperate 80 wire cables (harddisks are both set as masters), and set the jumper on the mobo for raid, i have also pressed control and f on bootup to enter the bios for the raid configuration and set that up ok, everything seems ok and functional. But then i try to install windows 2000 professional and when the 4 floppy disks have finished loading it says there is no harddisk connected and cant install and i then have to reboot, any help with this really annoying (and probably simple) problem would be really helpfull, thanks a lot.

i have an athlon 1.4ghz, 512mb ddr ram, geforce 2 mx400 and one harddisk is ata100 the other is ata66 (mobo mamual says this will be ok)

But the man in the shop said the via C3 was the best processor money can buy!

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
You need to copy the promise Win2k driver files from your Asus CD and place them on a floppy. When your Win2k first boots up, press F6. It will then later ask for the floppy with the driver files.

<b>R.I.P. <font color=green>FatBurger</font color=green>. </b> :smile: