Sign in with
Your question
Solved

We Have a problem!

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 4, 2012 3:17:02 PM

This problem has been ongoing for months and was probably started by some windows update or what have you and I've decided its time to get to the bottom of it.

This is what I'm greeted with every single time I wake my computer from sleep mode.
I'm also notified that Intel 'Mywifi technology blah blah has some sort of issue"

I have an Alienware M17x R3, the network adapter is 'Intel Wifi Link 1000 B/G/N'
It has a share internet feature which I enabled at one point, so maybe the active profile is the
problem, but there's only the default. also I've made sure that its set to not turn off the device to save power at any point.

How I get my internet working every time: I have to go into network connections and disable my single visible wireless adapter for about 20-30 seconds, then enable it again so that the other two will appear. (I assume they're related to intel wifi technology) I've reinstalled the drivers once to no avail, does anyone no what's going on?

More about : problem

July 4, 2012 4:08:38 PM

is windows or the intel software controlling the device?

if the intel software, try switch ing it to wondows
Related resources

Best solution

July 6, 2012 3:02:17 AM

well i have been experiencing this with alot of my customers running Windows XP. the only fix i have come up with so far is to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them( unplugging the adapter didnt work) i had one guy who had xp on all of his machines and all of them had the same problem. it didnt matter if they where realtek intel ect. this has been an ongoing problem for alot of people running xp so i have recommending upgrading to windows 7 where possible.
July 6, 2012 7:55:09 PM

Well mikejax21, This is a windows 7 Machine. It's a pretty recent Alienware and it hadn't really started this issue til a few months ago. I think i'm going to try uninstalling the intel mywifi technology and see if that makes a difference.
July 7, 2012 6:26:51 PM

Update: I uninstalled the Wireless "PROset' Drivers, which in turn uninstalled my network adapter all together. Connecting again by cable I downloaded the most recent PROset drivers and installed them. (The basic ones with JUST the driver, not the software) and now everything is working smoothly again from sleepmode.
July 8, 2012 1:06:48 AM

just a side note could you pm me if the drivers dont work i wanna make sure this isnt a multi os problem
!