Can I replace the Sony MDR-V6 earcups with the MDRV600 ear..

Last response: in Home Audio
August 1, 2004 10:49:02 PM

Greetings:

Would the MDRV600 earcups fit on the MDR-V6 headphones ("Studio
Monitor" on the headband)? The shiny material has about completely
come off and now I'm left with just foam on the earcups but Sony
doesn't seem to stock MDR-V6 earcup replacements. They do have the
MDRV600 earcups, though.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Jeff
Anonymous
August 2, 2004 2:44:12 AM

Jeff Bernstein <jeffbernstein@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Would the MDRV600 earcups fit on the MDR-V6 headphones ("Studio
>Monitor" on the headband)? The shiny material has about completely
>come off and now I'm left with just foam on the earcups but Sony
>doesn't seem to stock MDR-V6 earcup replacements. They do have the
>MDRV600 earcups, though.

I don't know offhand, but I do know that Harris/Allied stocks the proper
pads for the MDR-V6, and if you call the sales guys there, they know which
ones they are and will ship them.
--scott

August 2, 2004 9:15:10 AM

In article <f1e1cae2.0408011749.4792f383@posting.google.com>,
Jeff Bernstein <jeffbernstein@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Greetings:
>
>Would the MDRV600 earcups fit on the MDR-V6 headphones ("Studio
>Monitor" on the headband)? The shiny material has about completely
>come off and now I'm left with just foam on the earcups but Sony
>doesn't seem to stock MDR-V6 earcup replacements. They do have the
>MDRV600 earcups, though.

Get the earpads for the Sony pro version of the V6, the MDR-7506 which is
still current. I bought a dozen from Sony's website about 6 months ago for
something like $5 each. B&H Photo in NYC has the pads for $8.95 each.

I think I had to go to the Sony Professional and Broadcast site, not the
consumer site.
August 2, 2004 9:29:53 AM

Didn't someone find an alternate replacement pad which fit the MDR-V6
and 7506 from Radio Shack? I inquired there but never heard back and
have been looking ever since.

Those ear pads go quickly in humid environments and when you wear them
for long periods of time, it gets humid wherever you are.

If anyone knows where we can get some replacements which are more
durable, that would be great.

Audy O

kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote in message news:<cek9ps$58p$1@panix2.panix.com>...
> Jeff Bernstein <jeffbernstein@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >Would the MDRV600 earcups fit on the MDR-V6 headphones ("Studio
> >Monitor" on the headband)? The shiny material has about completely
> >come off and now I'm left with just foam on the earcups but Sony
> >doesn't seem to stock MDR-V6 earcup replacements. They do have the
> >MDRV600 earcups, though.
>
> I don't know offhand, but I do know that Harris/Allied stocks the proper
> pads for the MDR-V6, and if you call the sales guys there, they know which
> ones they are and will ship them.
> --scott
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 1:54:29 AM

In article <cekiku$b6o$1@gnus01.u.washington.edu>,
louie@u.washington.edu (G. Louie) wrote:

> In article <f1e1cae2.0408011749.4792f383@posting.google.com>,
> Jeff Bernstein <jeffbernstein@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Greetings:
> >
> >Would the MDRV600 earcups fit on the MDR-V6 headphones ("Studio
> >Monitor" on the headband)? The shiny material has about completely
> >come off and now I'm left with just foam on the earcups but Sony
> >doesn't seem to stock MDR-V6 earcup replacements. They do have the
> >MDRV600 earcups, though.
>
> Get the earpads for the Sony pro version of the V6, the MDR-7506 which is
> still current. I bought a dozen from Sony's website about 6 months ago for
> something like $5 each. B&H Photo in NYC has the pads for $8.95 each.
>
> I think I had to go to the Sony Professional and Broadcast site, not the
> consumer site.

Thanks! I just ordered them from Sony Services Plus
(https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/) though I did have to call for the
part number and ended up just ordering them over the phone (Part No.
X21131241). They list for $5.95.

Jeff
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 2:33:32 AM

> Jeff Bernstein <jeffbernstein@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >Would the MDRV600 earcups fit on the MDR-V6 headphones ("Studio
> >Monitor" on the headband)? The shiny material has about completely
> >come off and now I'm left with just foam on the earcups but Sony
> >doesn't seem to stock MDR-V6 earcup replacements. They do have the
> >MDRV600 earcups, though.
>
> I don't know offhand, but I do know that Harris/Allied stocks the proper
> pads for the MDR-V6, and if you call the sales guys there, they know which
> ones they are and will ship them.
> --scott

Oh for goodness' sake...
Is there anything this man does not know?

A continual source of amazement & inspiration to us all.

Natalie Drest
Murphy is my co-pilot
--
"I won't go into binary counting here. For further information you can
search the Internet, or cut off all but one of your fingers."

Scott Dorsey,

Should I plant my corn early next year?

> Oh for goodness' sake...
> Is there anything this man does not know?
>
> A continual source of amazement & inspiration to us all.
>

> Natalie Drest
> Murphy is my co-pilot
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 2:33:34 AM

In article <2n72ghFts6obU1@uni-berlin.de> n5ugh@hotmail.com writes:

> Scott Dorsey,
> Should I plant my corn early next year?

Only if you want a drink before dinnertime.