Nforce Sound quality

DanielLevesque

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2002
I just baught the a7266-c board from asus.. with the nforce APU, im wondering just how good the sound quality is of it, ive never liked onboard sound but from what ive heard Nforce is quite impressive. Is it comparible to sblive or better?

-Dan

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It has a better sound processor than the SB Live or Audigy. As to whether or not it actually SOUNDS better, that would depend on things such as driver quality. But I haven't heard any complaints.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
The review I read (of the Abit board) is that it doesnt sound as good as a standalone card such as the Live or Audigy. It certainly should sound very good but most problems with the nforce (according to the reviewer) are poor software support like no front/rear balance controls.

Something your going to get with any brand name standalone card.

Athlon XP 1700+,KT266A,Geforce3, Audigy.. 'nuff said.

Stain

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2002
...most problems with the nforce (according to the reviewer) are poor software support like no front/rear balance controls.
That's the one problem, I could really use those balance controls. *sob*

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I would suggest the Audigy. Best card for gaming, it sounds brilliant and has EAX3 hardware support which no other card has.

Athlon XP 1700+,KT266A,Geforce3, Audigy.. 'nuff said.

sawxray

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2002
I have the nForce, and have had all sorts of problems getting it to work in surround.

I have a six-channel sound file that works fine with my Klipsch 5.1. But I can't get the system or games to put the sound out through anything but the fronts. Has anyone else had this problem?