Pisceshope

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
Hello,
I was using the household Ethernet cord this morning and it was working normally. Then I stopped using the Internet to do a program tidy up. - there were a few program's that had been extras to other program's I don't need.
Then I went to use the Internet again and it wouldn't connect through the Ethernet cord. I was able to establish that my computer is still able to access the Internet through wireless (which we don't often use on account of it been spotty).
Could I have done/deleted/turned off something that allows my computer to read Ethernet cords?
If so, does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix it?
Thank you for your time and help.

RealBeast

Titan
Check to see if your network adapter shows up in the device manager and what the device status lists. In Windows 7, go to the system control panel, select device manager in the upper left and then go down the list to network adapters. Double click on the Ethernet adapter and see what the device status box says.

You can also check the status of your Ethernet connection by going to the Network and Sharing control panel, select change adapter settings, highlight the Ethernet adapter and select view status of this connection.