Slower loading to desktop in Windows 7?

meh

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
Hey guys, this is driving me crazy and I was wondering if it was an OS thing or an SSD thing. I was running Windows 7 on my OCZ Vertex 3 60GB since Christmas. On the logon screen, after I typed my password and pressed Enter, the desktop loaded in 0.5 seconds to 1 second. Everything ready to use. A few weeks ago I bought an Intel 520 120GB and did a fresh format install of Windows on it. Now though, it loads the login screen just as fast as before but from the moment I press Enter, it takes anywhere from 5-10 seconds to boot to desktop. What gives? The only thing different is that I'm dual booting now with Hackintosh, but it's still on separate drives, and my Lion drive (which is on the OCZ) is the drive where the bootloader lies. Would this be what's causing this slowness though? When I do SSD benchmarks the speeds are actually on par with my OCZ so I'm not sure I can fault the drive for this one. But I don't have anything more/less installed than before. If anyone can help me that'd be great because this is driving me nuts!

RealBeast

Titan
Yes, probably due to the dual boot.

Other sources of a slowdown from power button to Windows screen are enabling additional adapters and controllers, if you really want to see slow stick an Adaptec 6805 controller in with an 8 disk RAID array. :)