Two Wireless Access Points with Two Routers

sbbs99

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
I have New Pace 4111n Wireless Router that I got from AT&T and is setup on 1st floor, but its wireless range does not get me to 2nd floor. I also have the 2Wire wireless router from AT&T. In Addition, I have ethernet connection from level 1 to level 2 as well.

I was wondering if it is possible to have the Pace Wireless N router to work as modem and wireless access point, at the time use the 2Wire router to broadcast wireless and act as access point for 2nd floor.

IF its doable, how should the two be configured and connected.

Thanks

sbbs99

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
I followed the steps but wireless did not work. The wireless light on the 2nd router did not turn on. I was able to get the internet to work via ethernet cable to 2nd router that is connected via LAN to 1st router. What am I missing? What about SSID of 2nd router?

sbbs99

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Actually when I change the SSID to a different name, it works, the wireless light comes on. so it means that SSID needs to be different? Also, the DSL light on router keeps blinking red, is that ok? can it be turned off?

sbbs99

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Actually, the system continues to fail. my second router continues to not broadcast wireless while it continues to allow internet traffic thru the ethernet that is being routed through it. I am confused.

can anyone tell me what to do here?