t630 display problem

All,

Help my T630 has just started to display 000+0000000+000000+000000 (
number of zeros maybe slightly wrong), this happens from the minute I
turn the phone on, the phone is still usable asI can see the menu when I
press the joystick but as soon asI exit the menus I get the zero's being
displayed.

Ihave tried turning off all screensaver and desktop wallpapers and
messages but the dam thing still displays 0000+00000000....

the phone is perfectly useable aprt from this. Different sim cards have
been tried.

Help whats going on ? I have also tried google, I think this is my last
resort!!! as the phone is now out of contract.

Paul
2 answers Last reply
More about t630 display problem

    On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:00:03 +0100, Rockmead <me@here.com> wrote:

    >All,
    >
    >Help my T630 has just started to display 000+0000000+000000+000000 (
    >number of zeros maybe slightly wrong), this happens from the minute I
    >turn the phone on, the phone is still usable asI can see the menu when I
    >press the joystick but as soon asI exit the menus I get the zero's being
    >displayed.
    >
    >Ihave tried turning off all screensaver and desktop wallpapers and
    >messages but the dam thing still displays 0000+00000000....
    >
    >the phone is perfectly useable aprt from this. Different sim cards have
    >been tried.
    >
    >Help whats going on ? I have also tried google, I think this is my last
    >resort!!! as the phone is now out of contract.
    Either the drivers, or latches in the LCD have failed.

    "Rockmead" <me@here.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > All,
    >
    > Help my T630 has just started to display 000+0000000+000000+000000 (
    > number of zeros maybe slightly wrong), this happens from the minute I turn
    > the phone on, the phone is still usable asI can see the menu when I press
    > the joystick but as soon asI exit the menus I get the zero's being
    > displayed.
    >
    > Ihave tried turning off all screensaver and desktop wallpapers and
    > messages but the dam thing still displays 0000+00000000....

    Could the "0" key be stuck down? Try creating a new SMS with zeros in to
    test this maybe? A bit of a long shot though.......

    If that is the problem, you might be able to free the key up again

Ericsson Phones Displays