Copy the hdd from the system restore

imperial7

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
Hi.
my laptop doesnt starts then it runs the system restore automatically but it doesnt fix anything.
i can get into a cmd from the system restore, and i was wondering if is posible to copy the whole disk to an external hdd from the cmd?

i have a value information in that disk, then i want to save my info and re install the win 7?

it is posible

my laptop:

lenovo ideapad y570 core i5 2410, 4gb ram, 750gb hdd, win 7 home premium

thanks

Solution
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb491035.aspx

Check out the first example:
To copy all the files and subdirectories (including any empty subdirectories) from drive A to drive B, type:
xcopy a: b: /s /e

So first thing is to know, what are the letters that your drives are assigned to. Let's say your system drive is C:, and the USB drive is G:

First create a directory on the USB drive
Code:
cd G:\
mkdir backup

Then copy everything over:
Code:
xcopy C: G:\backup /s /e /i /h
The easiest thing to do would just be take the drive out, plug it in a desktop and grab what you need.

UBCD4WIN and various live CDs will allow you to boot to a baby OS off CD/DVDs or USB and access the drive to copy to an external drive or DVD. You could also make an image of the entire drive to another and then reinstall and access the image

imperial7

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010

the problem is that i dont have a desktop, thats why im looking for a solution that doesnt require to take the drive out!!

but thanks for the reply!!!!

szaboaz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb491035.aspx

Check out the first example:
To copy all the files and subdirectories (including any empty subdirectories) from drive A to drive B, type:
xcopy a: b: /s /e

So first thing is to know, what are the letters that your drives are assigned to. Let's say your system drive is C:, and the USB drive is G:

First create a directory on the USB drive
Code:
cd G:\
mkdir backup

Then copy everything over:
Code:
xcopy C: G:\backup /s /e /i /h

Solution