ajlenze

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2003
I'm interested in any comments anyone has about the Prismiq Mediaplayer (http://www.prismiq.com/products/). This device is a bridge between a computer network and a home entertainment system and allows you to play media files (audio and video files stored on your networked computers) on your home entertainment system. I've read quite a few reviews on the device, and they're all pretty positive.

I've also read some user reviews, and they're more mixed. The biggest complaint seems to be about video playback. Most of the negative reviews are from earlier in the year, up through early March of 2003. I'm wondering if the software updates that Prismiq has provided has eliminated most of the complaints.

Thanks for any comments,

Drew

the_Prisoner

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
I guess it depends on your use. If the computer and the entertainment system is in the same room, you dont probably need it. If you need to spread some audio around to other rooms it seem fine. Video could be a problem. Maybe if it supported a faster wireless option then it would be fine.

Interesting product though.

the Prisoner

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad:

ajlenze

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2003
A recent upgrade to the Prismiq's firmware allows it to support 802.11g, which is the fastest wireless option I know of.

More research convinced me that Prismiq had greatly improved the devices firmware, so I went ahead and bought one. I don't have my home network set up yet, so I loaned it to a friend to try out. His first comment: "It sucks!" His second comment (10 minutes later when he got video to work): "This is cool!" More later.

Drew

the_Prisoner

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
Yes, please give us an update. It sounds interesting. Does it allow to you like hav ea movie in one room, music in another and etc?

the Prisoner

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad: