A60 PC connection cable

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Hi,

I am thinking about buying a Siemens A60. I currently have a Nokia 6210,
and have a cable that let me connect the phone to my PC. Does a similar
cable exist for the A60 to allow me to share data betwen the PC and the new
phone?

Thanks in advance

Liam
1 answer Last reply
More about connection cable
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

    I have successfully connected my A60 to my computer using the Prolific
    PL2303 usb to serial link adapter, though I suspect anything similar would
    do so look on ebuyer for something similar.
    For software I downloaded the Siemens Data suite from their website
    (www.siemens.co.uk)
    I couldn't find a version specifically for the A60 but the one for the MC60
    works. You get an entry in windows explorer that lets you browse the
    directories on the phone. Connecting to the phone can be a bit flaky but
    persevere and it works eventually.

    Ian

    "Liam Wright" <news@plusser(notspam).demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am thinking about buying a Siemens A60. I currently have a Nokia 6210,
    > and have a cable that let me connect the phone to my PC. Does a similar
    > cable exist for the A60 to allow me to share data betwen the PC and the
    new
    > phone?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Liam