Why slow wireless download speed on one laptop but fast on the other wireless la

windows xp
4 answers Last reply
More about slow wireless download speed laptop fast wireless
  1. Your download speed can be slowed by your connection speed and by your hard drive speed.
  2. Check you drivers (i know right)
    but more importantly.. check for any 3rd party software that manages network bandwidth.

I recently had an issue with AMD Quick Stream regulating my internet like it owned the place... and i installed it in an AMD All in One Driver from my disc that came with my motherboard. uninstalled it and no more problems.
  3. I love you BajungaDustin!!! I've owned my HP Pavilion for over a year and it's always had slowing internet compared to other devices. Rarely would it go over 1 MB/s and my other devices would be in the 7-8 MB/s range. I uninstalled the AMD Quick Stream program from my computer and right after ran a speed test and I got 7.59 MB/s down. I am never going to buy a computer with an AMD processor. Why would AMD do that?
  4. BajungaDustin said:
    Check you drivers (i know right)
    but more importantly.. check for any 3rd party software that manages network bandwidth.

I recently had an issue with AMD Quick Stream regulating my internet like it owned the place... and i installed it in an AMD All in One Driver from my disc that came with my motherboard. uninstalled it and no more problems.

Your a legend! after scrolling through multiple sites looking to find an answer that worked for me i tried this! from 2 m/b down to the 26 m/b i should be getting!!

Many Many thanks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Connectivity Wireless Download Windows XP Laptops Wireless Networking