PCI 2.1 compliant slot question

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see the EMU 1212M sound card requires a PCI 2.1 compliant slot. I
seem to recall that older sound cards would work OK in PCI 2.0 slots
but not the other way around. Perhaps it's up to the manufacturer to
determine PCI card compatibility and I intend to contact EMU but I was
wondering if anyone had any comments on the subject.

Thanks,
Gary V

"Gary V" <auc@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> I see the EMU 1212M sound card requires a PCI 2.1 compliant slot. I
> seem to recall that older sound cards would work OK in PCI 2.0 slots
> but not the other way around. Perhaps it's up to the manufacturer to
> determine PCI card compatibility and I intend to contact EMU but I was
> wondering if anyone had any comments on the subject.

You'll want 2.1 if EMU says so, there are several features the card might
use. My guess is that it has to do with how the card reads and writes to
memory.

jb