can't connect to gprs with mc35!! help!!

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Hello!!

i'm new one here and not so skilled about all the stuff with GPRS modems so
please can you tell me what I should do to connect to GPRS network using
GSM/GPRS modem Siemens mc35??

i have AT commands dedicated to this device but even though i'm not able to
get connected.
the sequence of commands that I type is:

at+cpin= xxxx
at+cgatt=1
at+cgdcont=1,ip,"apn name" ( i also tried with ip address: =1,ip,"apn
name",xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - because i have SIM card with static IP address.

at+cgact=1,1

and now what should i do??? i'm typing this:
at+cgdata=ppp,1 ... but after some time i get response: NO CARRIER
the same is after atd*99#
what's wrong??

finally i need to comunicate between two computers using GPRS modems.

i'd be really gratefull if you answer anything to this question.

greetings to everybody here ;)

Greg
3
answers
Last reply
More about connect gprs mc35 help
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

    "G." <kaluckig@tlen.pl> wrote in news:ccuh9g$4v0$1@news.onet.pl:

    > Hello!!
    >
    > i'm new one here and not so skilled about all the stuff with GPRS
    > modems so please can you tell me what I should do to connect to GPRS
    > network using GSM/GPRS modem Siemens mc35??
    >
    > i have AT commands dedicated to this device but even though i'm not
    > able to get connected.
    > the sequence of commands that I type is:
    >
    > at+cpin= xxxx
    > at+cgatt=1
    > at+cgdcont=1,ip,"apn name" ( i also tried with ip address: =1,ip,"apn
    > name",xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - because i have SIM card with static IP
    > address.
    >
    > at+cgact=1,1
    >
    > and now what should i do??? i'm typing this:
    > at+cgdata=ppp,1 ... but after some time i get response: NO CARRIER
    > the same is after atd*99#
    > what's wrong??
    >
    > finally i need to comunicate between two computers using GPRS modems.
    >
    > i'd be really gratefull if you answer anything to this question.
    >
    > greetings to everybody here ;)
    >
    > Greg

    does your phone really have GPRS becouse I think
    only x45 and newer models had it
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

    > > network using GSM/GPRS modem Siemens mc35??

    > > at+cgdata=ppp,1 ... but after some time i get response: NO CARRIER

    > does your phone really have GPRS becouse I think
    > only x45 and newer models had it

    yes - "it" (this is modem not phone) has the GPRS mode.
  3. Quote:
[...]

    This answerd comes quit late but it's better late than never !
    Hi

    This answerd comes quit late but it's better late than never !

    The AT command AT+CGDATA=1 is supposed to activate all what is needed in your GSM to

    make an attachement procedure as GPRS. ( Otrherwise, do AT+CGATT=1, AT+CGACT=1, and dont forget to set the APN name with AT+CGDCONT+....)

    From there, the MODULE (gsm module or gsm phone) send you some frame because he try to

    negociate some parameterswith you to get the connection working properly.

    You see a the reply like ~ }#À!}!}!} }6}!}$}%Ü}"}&} } } } }'}"}(}"}#}$À#&´~

    It is ASCII characters who can bee converted in Hexadecimal. All the documentation about internet frames are explained in hexa. As an example, if you convert the above frame you get

    7EFF03C02101010016010405DC020600000000070208020304C02326B47E

    this is an LPC frame decoded as here below:

    7E : StartFlag

    FF : addr
    03 : controle
    C021 : protocole LCP

    01 : code Configure-Request
    01 : identifier
    0016 : Frame lenght

    01 : option MRU
    04 : option lenght
    05 : data
    DC : data

    02 : option ACCM
    06 : option lenght
    00 : data
    00 : data
    00 : data
    00 : data

    07 : option Protocol Compression
    02 : option lenght

    08 : option Address and Control Field Compression
    02 : option lenght

    03 : option Authentication Protocol
    04 : option lenght
    C0 : data