can't connect to gprs with mc35!! help!!

Last response: in Brands
July 12, 2004 11:20:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Hello!!

i'm new one here and not so skilled about all the stuff with GPRS modems so
please can you tell me what I should do to connect to GPRS network using
GSM/GPRS modem Siemens mc35??

i have AT commands dedicated to this device but even though i'm not able to
get connected.
the sequence of commands that I type is:

at+cpin= xxxx
at+cgatt=1
at+cgdcont=1,ip,"apn name" ( i also tried with ip address: =1,ip,"apn
name",xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - because i have SIM card with static IP address.

at+cgact=1,1

and now what should i do??? i'm typing this:
at+cgdata=ppp,1 ... but after some time i get response: NO CARRIER
the same is after atd*99#
what's wrong??

finally i need to comunicate between two computers using GPRS modems.

i'd be really gratefull if you answer anything to this question.

greetings to everybody here ;)

Greg

More about : connect gprs mc35

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 10:54:58 PM

"G." <kaluckig@tlen.pl> wrote in news:ccuh9g$4v0$1@news.onet.pl:

> Hello!!
>
> i'm new one here and not so skilled about all the stuff with GPRS
> modems so please can you tell me what I should do to connect to GPRS
> network using GSM/GPRS modem Siemens mc35??
>
> i have AT commands dedicated to this device but even though i'm not
> able to get connected.
> the sequence of commands that I type is:
>
> at+cpin= xxxx
> at+cgatt=1
> at+cgdcont=1,ip,"apn name" ( i also tried with ip address: =1,ip,"apn
> name",xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - because i have SIM card with static IP
> address.
>
> at+cgact=1,1
>
> and now what should i do??? i'm typing this:
> at+cgdata=ppp,1 ... but after some time i get response: NO CARRIER
> the same is after atd*99#
> what's wrong??
>
> finally i need to comunicate between two computers using GPRS modems.
>
> i'd be really gratefull if you answer anything to this question.
>
> greetings to everybody here ;)
>
> Greg

does your phone really have GPRS becouse I think
only x45 and newer models had it
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 3:25:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

> > network using GSM/GPRS modem Siemens mc35??

> > at+cgdata=ppp,1 ... but after some time i get response: NO CARRIER

> does your phone really have GPRS becouse I think
> only x45 and newer models had it

yes - "it" (this is modem not phone) has the GPRS mode.
November 7, 2011 7:11:30 PM

Quote:
[...]

This answerd comes quit late but it's better late than never !
Hi

This answerd comes quit late but it's better late than never !

The AT command AT+CGDATA=1 is supposed to activate all what is needed in your GSM to

make an attachement procedure as GPRS. ( Otrherwise, do AT+CGATT=1, AT+CGACT=1, and dont forget to set the APN name with AT+CGDCONT+....)

From there, the MODULE (gsm module or gsm phone) send you some frame because he try to

negociate some parameterswith you to get the connection working properly.

You see a the reply like ~ }#À!}!}!} }6}!}$}%Ü}"}&} } } } }'}"}(}"}#}$À#&´~

It is ASCII characters who can bee converted in Hexadecimal. All the documentation about internet frames are explained in hexa. As an example, if you convert the above frame you get

7EFF03C02101010016010405DC020600000000070208020304C02326B47E

this is an LPC frame decoded as here below:

7E : StartFlag

FF : addr
03 : controle
C021 : protocole LCP

01 : code Configure-Request
01 : identifier
0016 : Frame lenght

01 : option MRU
04 : option lenght
05 : data
DC : data

02 : option ACCM
06 : option lenght
00 : data
00 : data
00 : data
00 : data

07 : option Protocol Compression
02 : option lenght

08 : option Address and Control Field Compression
02 : option lenght

03 : option Authentication Protocol
04 : option lenght
C0 : data