Wbeck

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Hello,
I have trie connecting to the wireless network in a remote area with a new IBM thinkpad. I am unale to connect. I get as far as show me list of avaliable networks and enter the password as I have done many times before, but am unable to connect. I then run the diagnostics and the message states that there is problem connecting an to plug into the network with a network cable. I open Access Connections it shows the available networks and stenghts. I try to connect from here and he message state that there is an Intel wirless incompatible problem and will defuault wireless will be used and I say yes, but nothing happens.

mikejax21

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
sounds like your having a driver issue. if you can hard wire to a router try downloading the latest drivers. if that doesnt work the fix i usually recommend is to either warrenty it out if its still under warranty or order an external wireless card. usually ibm is good about theyre pcs. but if you order a wireless card make sure to order a wireless n usb card so you have future comparability down the road.