wav/m55 question

Last response: in Brands
August 11, 2004 5:14:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Hi,

I´ve tried putting a wav file ringtone on my m55 using a serial data cabel
and siemens datasuite but always get the message that the file is
unsupported. I tried just putting the file in the sound folder which worked
but wouldn´t play. I know the phone plays wav files as i have 2 already on
there as part of the standard setup.

Can anyone tell me how i can get a wav file to play on my phone?

Thanks in advance,

richi

More about : wav m55 question

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 12:41:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

You must convert the wav file to an other format.
Some low res wav format or a midi format.

richi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I´ve tried putting a wav file ringtone on my m55 using a serial data cabel
> and siemens datasuite but always get the message that the file is
> unsupported. I tried just putting the file in the sound folder which worked
> but wouldn´t play. I know the phone plays wav files as i have 2 already on
> there as part of the standard setup.
>
> Can anyone tell me how i can get a wav file to play on my phone?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> richi

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 12:44:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

You need to convert the message to a low res wav file or to a midi file
to make it work.

richi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I´ve tried putting a wav file ringtone on my m55 using a serial data cabel
> and siemens datasuite but always get the message that the file is
> unsupported. I tried just putting the file in the sound folder which worked
> but wouldn´t play. I know the phone plays wav files as i have 2 already on
> there as part of the standard setup.
>
> Can anyone tell me how i can get a wav file to play on my phone?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> richi

Anonymous
September 13, 2004 5:01:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

You can use Coding Workshop Ringtone Converter or Polyphonic Wizard to
change it into a midi file suitable for your phone.

!