wav/m55 question

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Hi,

I´ve tried putting a wav file ringtone on my m55 using a serial data cabel
and siemens datasuite but always get the message that the file is
unsupported. I tried just putting the file in the sound folder which worked
but wouldn´t play. I know the phone plays wav files as i have 2 already on
there as part of the standard setup.

Can anyone tell me how i can get a wav file to play on my phone?

Thanks in advance,

richi
3 answers Last reply
More about question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

    You must convert the wav file to an other format.
    Some low res wav format or a midi format.

    richi wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I´ve tried putting a wav file ringtone on my m55 using a serial data cabel
    > and siemens datasuite but always get the message that the file is
    > unsupported. I tried just putting the file in the sound folder which worked
    > but wouldn´t play. I know the phone plays wav files as i have 2 already on
    > there as part of the standard setup.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how i can get a wav file to play on my phone?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > richi

  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

    You need to convert the message to a low res wav file or to a midi file
    to make it work.

    richi wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I´ve tried putting a wav file ringtone on my m55 using a serial data cabel
    > and siemens datasuite but always get the message that the file is
    > unsupported. I tried just putting the file in the sound folder which worked
    > but wouldn´t play. I know the phone plays wav files as i have 2 already on
    > there as part of the standard setup.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how i can get a wav file to play on my phone?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > richi

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

    You can use Coding Workshop Ringtone Converter or Polyphonic Wizard to
    change it into a midi file suitable for your phone.

    "Decoy" <hccalt@NOSPAMsofthome.net> wrote in message
    > You need to convert the message to a low res wav file or to a midi file to
    > make it work.
    >
    > richi wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I´ve tried putting a wav file ringtone on my m55 using a serial data
    >> cabel
    >> and siemens datasuite but always get the message that the file is
    >> unsupported. I tried just putting the file in the sound folder which
    >> worked
    >> but wouldn´t play. I know the phone plays wav files as i have 2 already
    >> on
    >> there as part of the standard setup.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me how i can get a wav file to play on my phone?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance,
    >>
    >> richi

Siemens Phones