Sign in with
Your question

Disconnecting and Reconnecting

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 8, 2012 2:12:46 PM

Hello, I have been having unusual problems with my laptop and internet, my laptop keeps disconnecting then reconnecting back up to my internet router, the time delay between disconnecting and then reconnecting is under 1 minute, does anyone know what is happening and how I can fix it?
a b D Laptop
July 8, 2012 2:19:24 PM

Does it have the most recent driver for the wireless installed?Does it have a software firewall installed?
July 9, 2012 5:16:59 AM

I'm not sure, as I say this only started occurring when my internet, only my laptop not any other machine in the house, went dead I then pressed the connection button, F2, and it worked again, ever since it has been disconnecting and then connecting back up with the internet, hope this helps.

-Regards Jake
Related resources
July 11, 2012 6:59:46 PM

Is this computer running Vista?
Does it have any manufacturer-provided bloatware for managing your wireless connections?
Is the wireless card internal or an external add-on (PCMCIA, USB)?
Is the access point broadcasting more than one SSID?

Any further info you can provide will help in getting an answer you can use.
July 12, 2012 8:30:16 PM

I'm not into this technical stuff but my laptop is windows 7 and this problem hasn't occured before
July 13, 2012 4:04:18 AM

Good deal. So, can you determine whether the wireless connection is being managed by Windows or a vendor-provided connection manager?
July 14, 2012 4:15:48 AM

I have an internet router
!