S55 bluetooth

Last response: in Brands
September 7, 2004 9:20:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Hi
I have tried to use my S55 as a modem via bluetooth but I am geting
confused. Have been talking to local support but no luck so far: Have loaded
Siemens Data Suite, Siemens GPRS, Siemens GPRS via bluetooth. My Dell has
bluetooth which reserves 2 ports COM 5 and COM 7.
If I only understood the logic behind all this. Are there any tutorials
available. I am quite experienced in ADP but this bluetooth is new.

Thanks
Kalevi

More about : s55 bluetooth

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 10:35:03 AM

"Kalevi" wrote:

> Hi
> I have tried to use my S55 as a modem via bluetooth but I am
> geting confused. Have been talking to local support but no
> luck so far: Have loaded Siemens Data Suite, Siemens GPRS,
> Siemens GPRS via bluetooth. My Dell has bluetooth which
> reserves 2 ports COM 5 and COM 7. If I only understood the
> logic behind all this. Are there any tutorials available. I am
> quite experienced in ADP but this bluetooth is new.

I'm not aware of any specific tutorials, but
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449 can be a
help with Bluetooth issues.

In SDS, under "Settings", make sure you've got the box "Use
alternative method of connection" ticked when you're using
Bluetooth.

John
!