Beware of Buying From Lik-Sang

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

I ordered a Provision+ device from Lik-Sang which turned out to be defective. I
paid for the device and paid shipping. I got an RMA from Lik-Sang to
return the unit. I paid $9.00 us to ship the unit back to them in Hong
Kong. They sent me an email saying I was given a credit for the cost
of the Provision+ unit. I wrote them several emails stating that I
didn't want a store credit; I wanted a new unit, and I wanted them to
ship it to me for free. I had already paid $9.00 extra for the device, which
was money I paid because the product was defective. Well, they simply
ignored my emails. The only recourse I have is to let other people
know Lik-Sang is not a quality operation, and they don't seem to care
about customer satisfaction.
20 answers Last reply
More about beware buying sang
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "Greg Maland" <never9checked@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I ordered a Provision+ device from Lik-Sang which turned out to be
    defective. I
    > paid for the device and paid shipping. I got an RMA from Lik-Sang to
    > return the unit. I paid $9.00 us to ship the unit back to them in Hong
    > Kong. They sent me an email saying I was given a credit for the cost
    > of the Provision+ unit. I wrote them several emails stating that I
    > didn't want a store credit; I wanted a new unit, and I wanted them to
    > ship it to me for free. I had already paid $9.00 extra for the device,
    which
    > was money I paid because the product was defective. Well, they simply
    > ignored my emails. The only recourse I have is to let other people
    > know Lik-Sang is not a quality operation, and they don't seem to care
    > about customer satisfaction.

    They are Asian... you expect them to do ANYTHING for free?!?! Shipping you
    one at their expensive is unfathomable in their world...
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "Greg Maland" <never9checked@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I ordered a Provision+ device from Lik-Sang which turned out to be
    defective. I
    > paid for the device and paid shipping. I got an RMA from Lik-Sang to
    > return the unit. I paid $9.00 us to ship the unit back to them in Hong
    > Kong. They sent me an email saying I was given a credit for the cost
    > of the Provision+ unit. I wrote them several emails stating that I
    > didn't want a store credit; I wanted a new unit, and I wanted them to
    > ship it to me for free. I had already paid $9.00 extra for the device,
    which
    > was money I paid because the product was defective. Well, they simply
    > ignored my emails. The only recourse I have is to let other people
    > know Lik-Sang is not a quality operation, and they don't seem to care
    > about customer satisfaction.

    That sounds unlike them, I have spent well over $1000 with them over 5 years
    and never had a problem. I'd try again to get through to someone, maybe try
    a different email address. You might get someone else to help you that
    way?!?
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "melonjr" <melonjr@sbigcoolglobal.net> wrote in message

    > "Greg Maland" <never9checked@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > I ordered a Provision+ device from Lik-Sang which turned out to be
    > defective. I
    > > paid for the device and paid shipping. I got an RMA from Lik-Sang to
    > > return the unit. I paid $9.00 us to ship the unit back to them in Hong
    > > Kong. They sent me an email saying I was given a credit for the cost
    > > of the Provision+ unit. I wrote them several emails stating that I
    > > didn't want a store credit; I wanted a new unit, and I wanted them to
    > > ship it to me for free. I had already paid $9.00 extra for the device,
    > which
    > > was money I paid because the product was defective. Well, they simply
    > > ignored my emails. The only recourse I have is to let other people
    > > know Lik-Sang is not a quality operation, and they don't seem to care
    > > about customer satisfaction.
    >
    > That sounds unlike them, I have spent well over $1000 with them over 5
    years
    > and never had a problem. I'd try again to get through to someone, maybe
    try
    > a different email address. You might get someone else to help you that
    > way?!?

    My experience parallels that of melonjr. I've spent a fair sum with these
    folks as well and have always received excellent service. My advice would be
    the same as melonjr's, except I'd add a caveat to ALWAYS be polite and
    unassuming in all your communiques. You are dealing with Orientals AND
    there's a language barrier as well as a customs barrier to overcome. Be
    patient but persistent.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "Colon Terminus" <Colon_Terminus@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "melonjr" <melonjr@sbigcoolglobal.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Greg Maland" <never9checked@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> > I ordered a Provision+ device from Lik-Sang which turned out to be
    >> defective. I
    >> > paid for the device and paid shipping. I got an RMA from Lik-Sang to
    >> > return the unit. I paid $9.00 us to ship the unit back to them in Hong
    >> > Kong. They sent me an email saying I was given a credit for the cost
    >> > of the Provision+ unit. I wrote them several emails stating that I
    >> > didn't want a store credit; I wanted a new unit, and I wanted them to
    >> > ship it to me for free. I had already paid $9.00 extra for the device,
    >> which
    >> > was money I paid because the product was defective. Well, they simply
    >> > ignored my emails. The only recourse I have is to let other people
    >> > know Lik-Sang is not a quality operation, and they don't seem to care
    >> > about customer satisfaction.
    >>
    >> That sounds unlike them, I have spent well over $1000 with them over 5
    > years
    >> and never had a problem. I'd try again to get through to someone, maybe
    > try
    >> a different email address. You might get someone else to help you that
    >> way?!?
    >>

    > My experience parallels that of melonjr. I've spent a fair sum with these
    > folks as well and have always received excellent service. My advice would
    > be
    > the same as melonjr's, except I'd add a caveat to ALWAYS be polite and
    > unassuming in all your communiques. You are dealing with Orientals AND
    > there's a language barrier as well as a customs barrier to overcome. Be
    > patient but persistent.

    Then I would gently remind you that Oriental is now considered an insult.
    They are Asians.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    In article <10jf3cj1pi2glbd@news20.forteinc.com>,
    luminos <logos1@trip.net> wrote:
    >"Colon Terminus" <Colon_Terminus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> "melonjr" <melonjr@sbigcoolglobal.net> wrote in message

    >>> That sounds unlike them, I have spent well over $1000 with them over 5 years
    >>> and never had a problem. I'd try again to get through to someone, maybe try
    >>> a different email address. You might get someone else to help you that way?!?
    >>>
    >> My experience parallels that of melonjr. I've spent a fair sum with these
    >> folks as well and have always received excellent service. My advice would
    >> the same as melonjr's, except I'd add a caveat to ALWAYS be polite and
    >> unassuming in all your communiques. You are dealing with Orientals AND
    >
    >Then I would gently remind you that Oriental is now considered an insult.
    >They are Asians.

    Not for nothing, but it doesn't matter to me much if you call them Asians,
    Orientals, yellow people, or whatever... You're talking about a bunch of
    people who, among themselves, don't have a whole lot in common apart from
    facial features and an aptitude for math. :) My problem with the statement
    above is that there's an assumption that doing business with an Asian
    person means there are different rules and different standards from any
    other transaction.

    Yes, there are risks in buying from Lik-Sang, but these risks are inherent
    in any purchase from overseas. You have to pay with a bank transfer, you
    have to rely on multiple shippers, and there is that language barrier. But
    is there any inherent difference whether you buy from Hong Kong or from
    Latvia or from Wisconsin? Whether you're getting cheese from China or
    electronics from Milwaukee, there are honest folk and plain crooks
    everywhere, no matter what their ethnic background.

    Remember Mikhail Lubarsky, the guy who sold me the Dreamcast LAN Adapter
    claiming it was the Broadband adapter? He didn't respond to e-mails,
    didn't offer an exchange or refund, and left retaliatory feedback for me
    on eBay. But I don't think all Russians are crooks just because of that
    one experience. :)

    -KKC, who's about to send Lubarsky some Dejanews links to all the Usenet
    posts with his name in them. And yes, I know Google bought out the
    service...
    --
    -- Dear [college or university] - It has come to my attention that - kendrick
    you have abused my alumnus status by selling personal information - @io.com

    "Kendrick Kerwin Chua" <kendrick@io.com> wrote in message
    > In article <10jf3cj1pi2glbd@news20.forteinc.com>,
    > luminos <logos1@trip.net> wrote:
    <snip>
    > >Then I would gently remind you that Oriental is now considered an insult.
    > >They are Asians.

    I was going to say, "Oriental is a rug and Asians are a people". You point
    is well taken.

    > Not for nothing, but it doesn't matter to me much if you call them Asians,
    > Orientals, yellow people, or whatever... You're talking about a bunch of
    > people who, among themselves, don't have a whole lot in common apart from
    > facial features and an aptitude for math. :) My problem with the statement
    > above is that there's an assumption that doing business with an Asian
    > person means there are different rules and different standards from any
    > other transaction.
    >
    > Yes, there are risks in buying from Lik-Sang, but these risks are inherent
    > in any purchase from overseas. You have to pay with a bank transfer, you
    > have to rely on multiple shippers, and there is that language barrier. But
    > is there any inherent difference whether you buy from Hong Kong or from
    > Latvia or from Wisconsin? Whether you're getting cheese from China or
    > electronics from Milwaukee, there are honest folk and plain crooks
    > everywhere, no matter what their ethnic background.

    Well, you have a better chance with a HK company than a mainland China one
    for communication. Thank the Brits for that.

    Lik-Sang takes PP and other payments and used to ship UPS. They had some
    trouble a while back when the were sued by Sony (I believe). The original
    companies staff stayed for the most part, but the owners left to fight the
    law suit and another company took over. The service problems might be a
    result of this change of hands. I have not purchased anything since the
    middle of 2002.

    Yep a crook is a crook no matter where they reside.

    <snip.
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    On 1 Sep 2004 11:36:37 -0700, never9checked@yahoo.com (Greg Maland)
    wrote:

    >I ordered a Provision+ device from Lik-Sang which turned out to be defective. I
    >paid for the device and paid shipping. I got an RMA from Lik-Sang to
    >return the unit. I paid $9.00 us to ship the unit back to them in Hong
    >Kong. They sent me an email saying I was given a credit for the cost
    >of the Provision+ unit. I wrote them several emails stating that I
    >didn't want a store credit; I wanted a new unit, and I wanted them to
    >ship it to me for free. I had already paid $9.00 extra for the device, which
    >was money I paid because the product was defective. Well, they simply
    >ignored my emails. The only recourse I have is to let other people
    >know Lik-Sang is not a quality operation, and they don't seem to care
    >about customer satisfaction.

    Weird. Lik-Sang is generally known as quality dealers, trustworthy
    ones at that.

    Unlike BUYRITE... yeesh.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

    >Weird. Lik-Sang is generally known as quality dealers, trustworthy
    >ones at that.
    >
    >Unlike BUYRITE... yeesh.

    Or IcePackGames.com here in the US. I had a lot of trouble getting a product
    from them. It wasn't until I asked for a refund that they responded to my
    e-mails.

    I was offered a discount on another purchase. The "gameboard" I got was an
    unfilished piece of wood with the gameboard (a full-sheet sticker) on both
    sides. The sticker wasn't even applied properly - there are LOTS of bubbles
    under the surface.

    Oh, and if you go to their site, GatorWare tries to install.

    Yeesh right back atcha. :)

    Dave Marron
    (Remove name of my favorite band to reply - check them out at
    http://www.blackvinyl.com/3shoes.htm)

    "If at first you don't succeed...you're about normal."
    - Alfred E. Neuman
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    luminos wrote:

    > Then I would gently remind you that Oriental is now considered an
    > insult. They are Asians.

    Whereas the Orientals I work with and deal with take great pains to point
    out that they are not just "Asian" and that that as an insult. It's only
    the Americans who have it the other way around.

    They explain that Indians, Bangladeshi, and Chinese are more Asian than
    them.

    Tim (tm)
    --
    tim at economic-truth.co.uk Xbox Live gamertag: Xexyz
    http://www.economic-truth.co.uk - the students' economics resource

    In article <tkpl02-3gp.ln1@dekay.dynu.com>,
    Tim Miller <news@economic-truth.co.uk> wrote:
    >luminos wrote:
    >>
    >> Then I would gently remind you that Oriental is now considered an
    >> insult. They are Asians.
    >
    >Whereas the Orientals I work with and deal with take great pains to point
    >out that they are not just "Asian" and that that as an insult. It's only
    >the Americans who have it the other way around.
    >
    >They explain that Indians, Bangladeshi, and Chinese are more Asian than
    >them.

    As long as we're on this topic... Tim, is it still typical in the UK to
    refer to people of Middle Eastern and Asian decent as black? It seems
    strange to Americans, but as late as the 70's I had heard that it was not
    unusual for the majority in the UK to acknowledge only two racial
    categories, 'white' for people of European decent and 'black' for anybody
    slightly darker.

    Just to be clear, I'm not making a criticism or anything. I just like the
    idea of being able to fly to the UK and sing Low Rawls songs in the pub.
    :)

    -KKC, you'll never find, as long as you live...
    --
    -- Dear [college or university] - It has come to my attention that - kendrick
    you have abused my alumnus status by selling personal information - @io.com
    without my consent. Please contact all merchants, charities, and -
    other organizations and remove my address at your expense. Thank you.
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "Tim Miller" <news@economic-truth.co.uk> wrote in message
    > luminos wrote:
    >>
    >> Then I would gently remind you that Oriental is now considered an
    >> insult. They are Asians.
    >
    > Whereas the Orientals I work with and deal with take great pains to point
    > out that they are not just "Asian" and that that as an insult. It's only
    > the Americans who have it the other way around.

    No, the Asians in the US insist on this.
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:

    > As long as we're on this topic... Tim, is it still typical in the UK
    > to refer to people of Middle Eastern and Asian decent as black? It
    > seems strange to Americans, but as late as the 70's I had heard that
    > it was not unusual for the majority in the UK to acknowledge only two
    > racial categories, 'white' for people of European decent and 'black'
    > for anybody slightly darker.

    Not really. We use Indian, Oriental, Middle Eastern, or whatever now, and
    for Africans we tend to use, erm, African. The Politically Correct brigade
    tried to make the use of "coloured" compulsary, but virtually everyone told
    them to sod off.

    > Just to be clear, I'm not making a criticism or anything. I just like
    > the idea of being able to fly to the UK and sing Low Rawls songs in
    > the pub. :)

    Not much singing in the pub. But if you're ever coming over, I'll buy you a
    pint!

    Tim (tm)
    --
    tim at economic-truth.co.uk Xbox Live gamertag: Xexyz
    http://www.economic-truth.co.uk - the students' economics resource
    http://www.ugvm.org.uk - the uk.games.video.misc magazine
    The talkabout network is denied permission to reproduce this post
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    I do not disagree. I only know that I was corrected forcefully a number of
    times when I was new to the West Coast.
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    Mega Drive PlayTV 6-in-1 (Sega)

    http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=4273&lsaid=219793

    Compare it to this one

    Arcade Legends Sega Genesis

    http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-4598038-0614559?%5Fencoding=UTF8&alt%5Fview=images&asin=B0002E7C9G#images
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2697004
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "luminos" <logos1@trip.net> wrote in message

    > "Colon Terminus" <Colon_Terminus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "melonjr" <melonjr@sbigcoolglobal.net> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Greg Maland" <never9checked@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >> defective. I
    Hong
    > >> which
    > >>
    > >> That sounds unlike them, I have spent well over $1000 with them over 5
    > > years
    > >> and never had a problem. I'd try again to get through to someone, maybe
    > > try
    > >> a different email address. You might get someone else to help you that
    > >> way?!?
    > >>

    > > My experience parallels that of melonjr. I've spent a fair sum with
    these
    > > folks as well and have always received excellent service. My advice
    would
    > > be
    > > the same as melonjr's, except I'd add a caveat to ALWAYS be polite and
    > > unassuming in all your communiques. You are dealing with Orientals AND
    > > there's a language barrier as well as a customs barrier to overcome. Be
    > > patient but persistent.
    >

    > Then I would gently remind you that Oriental is now considered an insult.
    > They are Asians.

    Oh, please forgive me, it was an occident.
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    Rawhead Rex <rubmeself@raw.com> wrote in message news:<Xns955ADCC9027E4nationofmasturbation@216.196.97.131>...
    > "Donald Richter" <GrGoblin@worldnet.att.net> wrote in news:SVh_c.304980
    > $OB3.15654@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:
    >
    > > http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2697004
    >
    > But.....but....you get the "Mega Drive" logo on it instead of the
    > "Genesis" one. That alone has to be has to be worth $30.

    "A shiny "16BIT POWER" logo shown on the controller reminds you of the
    good old days"

    My Genesis didn't have a "16BIT POWER" logo. :/

    Why in the world when anyone buy this when you can get a Genesis and
    those games for about that price, maybe less, and still be able to
    play additional games on top that? The only market I can see this for
    are for relatives would want to have something handy when kids come
    over, and even then I'd think they'd be more inclined to buy the Namco
    set thanks to recognizable names like Pac-Man.

    Benjamin
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    Donald Richter wrote:
    > Mega Drive PlayTV 6-in-1 (Sega)
    >
    > http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=4273&lsaid=219793

    Now bear in mind that the high price was because you could buy it from
    Lik-Sang for about six months before it had even been announced in the US

    Tim (tm)
    --
    tim at economic-truth.co.uk Xbox Live gamertag: Xexyz
    http://www.economic-truth.co.uk - the students' economics resource
    http://www.ugvm.org.uk - the uk.games.video.misc magazine
    The talkabout network is denied permission to reproduce this post
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    In article <g06u02-gq5.ln1@dekay.dynu.com>,
    Tim Miller <news@economic-truth.co.uk> wrote:
    >Donald Richter wrote:
    >> Mega Drive PlayTV 6-in-1 (Sega)
    >>
    >> http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=4273&lsaid=219793
    >
    >Now bear in mind that the high price was because you could buy it from
    >Lik-Sang for about six months before it had even been announced in the US

    Retro is big. Hacking the retro units is bigger. :) A bunch of people have
    taken the unlicensed all-in-one NES units and grafted cart slots and
    additional controller ports onto them. This thing is licensed like the
    Atari and Namco units, so it's most likely a single consolidated chip.
    But if it's not, then we have one more revision of the Genesis hardware to
    play with. Makes no sense to have it be battery powered, though.

    -KKC, waiting for revised Saturn hardware to hit the market.
    --
    -- Dear [college or university] - It has come to my attention that - kendrick
    you have abused my alumnus status by selling personal information - @io.com
    without my consent. Please contact all merchants, charities, and -
    other organizations and remove my address at your expense. Thank you.
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    > Donald Richter wrote:
    > > Mega Drive PlayTV 6-in-1 (Sega)
    > >
    > > http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=4273&lsaid=219793
    > >

    > Now bear in mind that the high price was because you could buy it from
    > Lik-Sang for about six months before it had even been announced in the US

    Except that you can go into your local Walmart or Target and buy it right
    now for less than half that price.
  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games,rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    Donald Richter wrote:
    > "Tim Miller" <news@economic-truth.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Donald Richter wrote:
    >>> Mega Drive PlayTV 6-in-1 (Sega)
    >>>
    >>> http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=4273&lsaid=219793
    >>
    >> Now bear in mind that the high price was because you could buy it
    >> from Lik-Sang for about six months before it had even been announced
    >> in the US ...
    >
    > Except that you can go into your local Walmart or Target and buy it
    > right now for less than half that price.

    Wow. Well done on a thorough rebuttal of all the points I made.

    Tim (tm)
    --
    tim at economic-truth.co.uk Xbox Live gamertag: Xexyz
    http://www.economic-truth.co.uk - the students' economics resource
    http://www.ugvm.org.uk - the uk.games.video.misc magazine
    The talkabout network is denied permission to reproduce this post

Games Video Nintendo Video Games Product