sms limited to 70, data suite

Last response: in Brands
September 11, 2004 6:07:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Hi,

I'm limited to 70 characters per SMS when using Siemens Data Suite to
write SMS. I want to use 160/SMS. SL55, Data Suite 1.0.0.76

--
"Trying is the first step towards failure."
- Homer Simpson

More about : sms limited data suite

Anonymous
September 11, 2004 8:23:18 PM

KINGEX wrote:
> I'm limited to 70 characters per SMS when using Siemens Data Suite to
> write SMS. I want to use 160/SMS. SL55, Data Suite 1.0.0.76

Which language? Either you have 70 UCS-2 (Unicode) characters or 160 GSM
characters. However, the GSM character set only contains a limited set of
characters that are not usable for all languages...

HS
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 10:14:55 PM

Hendrik Sattler, sattler2000@gmx.de wrote:
id: <chv1om$4a5$05$1@news.t-online.com>

> Which language? Either you have 70 UCS-2 (Unicode) characters or 160 GSM
> characters. However, the GSM character set only contains a limited set of
> characters that are not usable for all languages...

When I write SMS on my cellphone, it works great - 160 characters per
message. If i try to do this using siemens data suite, I get to write
70 charachters per SMS. Is there an option so I can change that?

--
!