sms limited to 70, data suite

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Hi,

I'm limited to 70 characters per SMS when using Siemens Data Suite to
write SMS. I want to use 160/SMS. SL55, Data Suite 1.0.0.76

--
"Trying is the first step towards failure."
- Homer Simpson

    KINGEX wrote:
    > I'm limited to 70 characters per SMS when using Siemens Data Suite to
    > write SMS. I want to use 160/SMS. SL55, Data Suite 1.0.0.76

    Which language? Either you have 70 UCS-2 (Unicode) characters or 160 GSM
    characters. However, the GSM character set only contains a limited set of
    characters that are not usable for all languages...

    HS
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

    Hendrik Sattler, sattler2000@gmx.de wrote:
    id: <chv1om$4a5$05$1@news.t-online.com>

    > Which language? Either you have 70 UCS-2 (Unicode) characters or 160 GSM
    > characters. However, the GSM character set only contains a limited set of
    > characters that are not usable for all languages...

    When I write SMS on my cellphone, it works great - 160 characters per
    message. If i try to do this using siemens data suite, I get to write
    70 charachters per SMS. Is there an option so I can change that?

    --
    "Trying is the first step towards failure."
    - Homer Simpson

Siemens Simpson