How to enable FN (hot keys) on Toshiba Satellite

Status
Not open for further replies.

anken

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Hello,
suddenly I can't access the internet. When searching I get message"turn on radio button"
I have the Toshiba Satellite P775 and I use Win7 64bit. My router is doing fine, because I go online with my other laptop. Device Manager shows that everything is o.k. I have traced it down to the FN keys because they are not working. Therefore I can't press FN+F8 to turn on WiFi.There is no switch anywhere on this laptop. Have been working trying to resolve without success.
Question: How to enable (turn on) the FN Keys?
Can anybody help? I'm so desperate! Thanks in advance!

anken

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Thank you for writing.
I have tried to check for the software but I can't get online with the Problem Toshiba. Have also tried to download an update from my HP Laptop but got message that this download can't be transferred to another computer. I'm lucky to have my HP Laptop as a backup...
When try to troubleshoot with the Toshiba, I get the message:Turn on the radio button. It doesn't give me a clue as to where this is located.....Ugh!

Also, in Toshiba's "msconfig" startup tab, I made sure that "Toshiba Flash Cards" is checked. Everything in Device Manager is checking out fine.
The Toshiba Satellite P775 doesn't have a physical switch for WiFi. I have to press FN+F8 to turn on it on, but nothing is happening. Everything has been working well until yesterday afternoon. I bought a new Epson Printer and it seems that after uninstalled everything that has to do with old HP Printer the problem started. Maybe this is just co-incidence....
It seems that a number of people had this same problem and I have tried all of the "fixes" I have found but nothing has changed.
I have spent many hours trying to solve this problem without success and I'm very, very frustrated at this point.
So, any advice you and anybody can give me would be very much appreciated! Thanks

anken

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Thank you for your reply and the link, Emerald. I have downloaded it on my HP Laptop since I can't get online with the Toshiba.
Unfortunately, I got the message:" This file can't be copied to a new location"
This is very frustrating.....If you have any other ideas, I will very much appreciate it and most of all I appreciate your help so far!

anken

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Just an update....I have not been able to fix my problem with all of the various suggestions from different forum posts.
Had finally reformatted my C-Drive and all is working well now.
I'm very glad to have this forum to turn to for suggestions.

tranvinh1990qn

Reputable
Oct 31, 2014

I need to find the drive pro hotkey toshiba c640 win sallation 8.1, 64-bit. Please help me.
dich vu bao ve

Status
Not open for further replies.