Preview of Advent Rising

noman

Advent Rising is a sci-fi action game that will have both first and
third person perspectives. It is based on Unreal Warfare engine and
its story is written by Orson Scott Card (Ender's Game). Besides the
weapons, the main character can get some innate skills (sort of jedi
powers) which may end up being more powerful than weapons. One skill
involves creating energy shield and deploying it as cover. Another
skill lets you pick up multiple objects from a distance and throw them
anywhere and then there's a skill to slow the time down. All fairly
derivative stuff with big nods to Remedy's BulletTime and Valve's
gravity gun.

The in-game weapons and skills are all upgrdeable. In addition to
that, the more a particular weapon is used, the better it gets.

Here's a preview at IGN,

http://pc.ign.com/articles/581/581087p2.html

An excerpt......

".........From the looks of it, however, Advent Rising has a lot going
for it, most importantly, a team with a lot of heart, imagination and
that rather naïve sense of wanting to do it all. The way I see it is
that if Advent Rising just pulls off half of the things Mustard and
team want to pull off, it'll be an interesting game. If they pull it
all off? Well then, then we'll really have something extraordinary on
our hands. Look for Majesco's game to hit streets in May 2005...... "

--
Noman

Been waiting a long time for this one. I was wondering thogh,if it'd both
Single and multiplayer. I don't think the article mentioned this. I also saw a
preview on G4tv channel although it was quite awhile ago.

>Advent Rising is a sci-fi action game that will have both first and
>third person perspectives

noman

On 21 Jan 2005 19:36:24 GMT, yanquidawg@aol.com (YanquiDawg) wrote:

>>Advent Rising is a sci-fi action game that will have both first and
>>third person perspectives
>
>Been waiting a long time for this one. I was wondering thogh,if it'd both
>Single and multiplayer. I don't think the article mentioned this. I also saw a
>preview on G4tv channel although it was quite awhile ago.

I think it's exclusively a single-player game.

By the way, the link in my previous post would go to page 2 of the
preview. Here's the correct URL,
http://pc.ign.com/articles/581/581087p1.html
--
Noman