Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Fast VPN for games

Last response: in Networking
Share
August 4, 2012 6:14:42 AM

Hello. I have AT&T U-Verse. I can't change my IP. So I need a VPN that doesn't slow my net so much that I can't play games. Does not need to be free.

Please and thank you.

More about : fast vpn games

August 4, 2012 3:31:21 PM

Like everyone on the internet (you, me, the ISP), the VPN provider can only guarantee a fast (as in response time) experience through his own network. Beyond those boundaries, we're all at the mercy of the greater internet. Even two ppl using the same VPN provider could have completely different experiences because they're routed differently between their own ISP and the VPN provider, and/or between the VPN provider and the game's host system.

So no matter what anyone might recommend, and no matter the claims of the VPN’s marketing department, it's always a roll of the dice. You just need to try a few and see which provides the best results. Perhaps don't commit for more than a month to any one VPN provider until you see if the results are both good and consistent.

m
0
l
December 2, 2012 2:35:57 PM

I have been using Fast VPN to download torrents since my ISP blocks them and I have been very happy with the service no problems and the speed is really good. Give them a try.

http://www.fastvpn.me/
m
0
l
Related resources
January 21, 2014 4:41:05 AM

eibgrad said:
Like everyone on the internet (you, me, the ISP), the VPN provider can only guarantee a fast (as in response time) experience through his own network. Beyond those boundaries, we're all at the mercy of the greater internet. Even two ppl using the same VPN provider could have completely different experiences because they're routed differently between their own ISP and the VPN provider, and/or between the VPN provider and the game's host system.

So no matter what anyone might recommend, and no matter the claims of the VPN’s marketing department, it's always a roll of the dice. You just need to try a few and see which provides the best results. Perhaps don't commit for more than a month to any one VPN provider until you see if the results are both good and consistent.


latency is one thing. Another thing is how much data you can get through it.
Surely if you have 20MB download and upload but you VPN provider only give out 2MB per costumer, then your speed will be greatly reduced.
m
0
l
January 26, 2014 10:40:49 PM

I got a great VPN from vpnexpress.net. It's called ExpressVPN. As long as you have a good Internet connection to begin with, you can get very fast speeds. Also seecting server closer to you helps a lot.
m
0
l
January 30, 2014 9:02:42 PM

Hi! ;)  I advise you to use this site http://faceless.me/   Hide your IP address and browsing habits;   Encrypt your "sensitive data": credit cards and passwords;   Get access to region-restricted content from anywhere   VPN service provider that keeps no logs. YOU GET A CAMOUFLAGED IP ADDRESS
Government and authorities won't know where you are and where you travel to, what you say and do online and if they consider this legal or not.
Website owners won't be able to analyze you, feed you with targeted advertisements and sell your profile to third parties.:) 
WE ENCRYPT ALL INCOMING AND OUTGOING DATA
Whether you are at work, in a cafe or airport their servers won't log the sites you visited or the emails you've sent. All they get is a bunch of encrypted data.
Even your ISP is no longer aware of what you do online, since all the data that runs through their servers is now encrypted.
ANY SERVICE OR APPLICATION GETS PROTECTED
By saying that all data gets encrypted we not only mean your web browser. Any application, whether it's your banking client or an instant messenger is now secured from cyber criminals no matter where you are and no matter where you go to.
HAVE NO FEAR OF PUBLIC WI-FI'S AND HOTSPOTS
You may have heard how vulnerable your computer gets once connected to a public Wi-Fi network. With Faceless.me all the data that you exchange gets securely encrypted, so that no hacker can spy on what you do and sniff your passwords and credit cards.
m
0
l
January 30, 2014 9:33:23 PM

Anna Kutuzova said:
Hi! ;)  I advise you to use this site http://faceless.me/   Hide your IP address and browsing habits;   Encrypt your "sensitive data": credit cards and passwords;   Get access to region-restricted content from anywhere   VPN service provider that keeps no logs. YOU GET A CAMOUFLAGED IP ADDRESS
Government and authorities won't know where you are and where you travel to, what you say and do online and if they consider this legal or not.
Website owners won't be able to analyze you, feed you with targeted advertisements and sell your profile to third parties.:) 
WE ENCRYPT ALL INCOMING AND OUTGOING DATA
Whether you are at work, in a cafe or airport their servers won't log the sites you visited or the emails you've sent. All they get is a bunch of encrypted data.
Even your ISP is no longer aware of what you do online, since all the data that runs through their servers is now encrypted.
ANY SERVICE OR APPLICATION GETS PROTECTED
By saying that all data gets encrypted we not only mean your web browser. Any application, whether it's your banking client or an instant messenger is now secured from cyber criminals no matter where you are and no matter where you go to.
HAVE NO FEAR OF PUBLIC WI-FI'S AND HOTSPOTS
You may have heard how vulnerable your computer gets once connected to a public Wi-Fi network. With Faceless.me all the data that you exchange gets securely encrypted, so that no hacker can spy on what you do and sniff your passwords and credit cards.


I'm guessing you have connections with this service as this is your first and only post!
m
0
l
January 31, 2014 2:50:10 AM

Anna Kutuzova said:
Hi! ;)  I advise you to use this site http://faceless.me/   Hide your IP address and browsing habits;   Encrypt your "sensitive data": credit cards and passwords;   Get access to region-restricted content from anywhere   VPN service provider that keeps no logs. YOU GET A CAMOUFLAGED IP ADDRESS
Government and authorities won't know where you are and where you travel to, what you say and do online and if they consider this legal or not.
Website owners won't be able to analyze you, feed you with targeted advertisements and sell your profile to third parties.:) 
WE ENCRYPT ALL INCOMING AND OUTGOING DATA
Whether you are at work, in a cafe or airport their servers won't log the sites you visited or the emails you've sent. All they get is a bunch of encrypted data.
Even your ISP is no longer aware of what you do online, since all the data that runs through their servers is now encrypted.
ANY SERVICE OR APPLICATION GETS PROTECTED
By saying that all data gets encrypted we not only mean your web browser. Any application, whether it's your banking client or an instant messenger is now secured from cyber criminals no matter where you are and no matter where you go to.
HAVE NO FEAR OF PUBLIC WI-FI'S AND HOTSPOTS
You may have heard how vulnerable your computer gets once connected to a public Wi-Fi network. With Faceless.me all the data that you exchange gets securely encrypted, so that no hacker can spy on what you do and sniff your passwords and credit cards.

You sure are happy about encryption, which almost ALL VPN provides support.
What is so special about your encryption, I bet you use the same as all others, a google search might unveil the data.

m
0
l
February 16, 2014 11:25:01 AM

VPN_knowhow said:
I have tried numerous VPN providers and am an affiliate of a few but somehow all your guys issues point at one VPN provider lol.

Alright so as mention above no VPN provider can guarantee speed and if you and your friend connected to the same VPN server while having the same ISP and are from the same general location you still might not have the same speed. This is because the speed and performance of the utilized protocols(PPTP, L2TP and OpenVPN) depend on your network setting and general environment.

In this case you need a VPN provider with a lot of server, low encryption(128 bit minimum ! below that it's just not worth it), all three protocols and both TCP and UDP protocols.
I recommend you go here as they not only have over 500 servers their client can preform speed tests indicating what speed you might get, supports OpenVPN and PPTP and they provide you with a 30 day moneyback guarantee. They also have online support via e-mails and live chat 24/7.

Feel free to ask any questions mate, I hope I can help. :) 
P.S. remember to connect to the VPN servers that are closest to the physical server of the game you are playing.


Why should anyone trust anything you say when you are trying to make money posting referrals.

Nobody click on his links.

m
0
l
February 18, 2014 7:06:37 AM

Tablo said:
Hello. I have AT&T U-Verse. I can't change my IP. So I need a VPN that doesn't slow my net so much that I can't play games. Does not need to be free.

Please and thank you.


By cutting the hops that a data face during its way and making it easier to get access quickly to the gaming server, VPN can make the connection of your computer to server very easily. on the other hand, if you connect to the VPN server that is far away from the game server, lag issues become one of the most disgusting obstacles, therefore it's very important that you can find providers with large number and diversity of servers on different locations.
Among some VPN that I have tried so far, I found Purevpn an optimum choice for gaming purpose in terms of low latency and diversity of servers. I read positive reviews on some other reliable vendors and will update this post upon my evaluation.
m
0
l
February 18, 2014 7:23:00 AM

Thanks Rose

Yours is a much better response than the spam posts that the vpn-knowhow is posting. You recommend a site but not with a link that you get paid for which makes it much more honest opinion.

Unfortunately this is a almost a 2 year old thread
m
0
l
!