Tablo

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Hello. I have AT&T U-Verse. I can't change my IP. So I need a VPN that doesn't slow my net so much that I can't play games. Does not need to be free.

Please and thank you.

Like everyone on the internet (you, me, the ISP), the VPN provider can only guarantee a fast (as in response time) experience through his own network. Beyond those boundaries, we're all at the mercy of the greater internet. Even two ppl using the same VPN provider could have completely different experiences because they're routed differently between their own ISP and the VPN provider, and/or between the VPN provider and the game's host system.

So no matter what anyone might recommend, and no matter the claims of the VPN’s marketing department, it's always a roll of the dice. You just need to try a few and see which provides the best results. Perhaps don't commit for more than a month to any one VPN provider until you see if the results are both good and consistent.

vmN

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013

latency is one thing. Another thing is how much data you can get through it.
Surely if you have 20MB download and upload but you VPN provider only give out 2MB per costumer, then your speed will be greatly reduced.

vmN

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
QUOTED SPAM REDACTED. In future, click the Report Abuse button. - SS
You sure are happy about encryption, which almost ALL VPN provides support.
What is so special about your encryption, I bet you use the same as all others, a google search might unveil the data.

goaney

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
I live in British Columbia Canada... Vancouver. I downloaded Hide My Ass and my favorite server for BF4 went from 16 ping to 120. I then tried Vypr VPN and it went fron 16 to 70. Is there a better solution for me???

Read again what @eibgrad wrote. BTW, you are not forced to use VPN unless you're doing something of dubious legality.