Updating MCC card data for a flashed SL45

Last response: in Brands
October 8, 2004 2:14:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Managed to flash my SL45 at last to the SLIK 56 and got the Java update to
work.

But how do I update the MMC card, I have the SL45i MMC card data from
Siemens and the Siemens data exchange software v222 1.exe

I managed to delete most of the folders but the ADDESS one and HELP is still
there, does it take a long time.?

I am now trying to copy the SL45i MMC data to Siemens data exchange software
v222 1.exe but it seems like its going to take days..

Is this right.?

Thanks
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 3:37:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 22:14:24 +1300, London Midland & Scotland
<lms@rail.co.uk> wrote:

>Managed to flash my SL45 at last to the SLIK 56 and got the Java update to
>work.
>
>But how do I update the MMC card, I have the SL45i MMC card data from
>Siemens and the Siemens data exchange software v222 1.exe
>

>I managed to delete most of the folders but the ADDESS one and HELP is still
>there, does it take a long time.?

Help yes, Addressbook may be locked, not sure whether anything changed
since the version you had originally, the main change was the T9 data.

>I am now trying to copy the SL45i MMC data to Siemens data exchange software
>v222 1.exe but it seems like its going to take days..

Use a MMC card reader or somesuch; most long-time users of this phone
never even use Data Exchange.

Andrew.
My Email: use <andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org>.
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 3:13:01 AM

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 23:37:55 +0100, Andrew Hodgson <me3@privacy.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 22:14:24 +1300, London Midland & Scotland
><lms@rail.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Managed to flash my SL45 at last to the SLIK 56 and got the Java update to
>>work.
>>
>>But how do I update the MMC card, I have the SL45i MMC card data from
>>Siemens and the Siemens data exchange software v222 1.exe
>>

>>I managed to delete most of the folders but the ADDESS one and HELP is still
>>there, does it take a long time.?
>
>Help yes, Addressbook may be locked, not sure whether anything changed
>since the version you had originally, the main change was the T9 data.
>>

>>I am now trying to copy the SL45i MMC data to Siemens data exchange software
>>v222 1.exe but it seems like its going to take days..
>
>Use a MMC card reader or somesuch; most long-time users of this phone
>never even use Data Exchange.
>
>Andrew.

Well the Help has the Java stuff and also there is the Java entry..

Yes it was very very slow but all was OK in the End, yes the ADRESS seems to
be locked..

I managed to get a very cheap real Siemens Data cable, but have been putting
it of for some time, plus I have been very sick and in Hospital..

Yes I do have a Universal card reader..
!