New song on soundclick

Last response: in Home Audio
August 6, 2004 12:34:43 AM

Hey Everyone,
I recorded this new song with my friend Ross Marvin for a web site that
I am making. It's called "SayWhat." Talk a look...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/kevindemarcomusic.htm

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Kevin DeMarco

More about : song soundclick

Anonymous
August 6, 2004 1:29:48 PM

Is it in mono? Careful posting a recording like that in this group!

Neil R

"Kevin DeMarco" <gtg658q@mail.gatech.edu> wrote in message
> Hey Everyone,
> I recorded this new song with my friend Ross Marvin for a web site
that
> I am making. It's called "SayWhat." Talk a look...
>
> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/kevindemarcomusic.htm
>
> --
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> Kevin DeMarco
> gtg658q@mail.gatech.edu
> www.demarcoTech.com
> Electrical Engineering
> AIM: SyllogismRXS
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Anonymous
August 6, 2004 9:26:14 PM

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 20:34:43 -0400, "Kevin DeMarco"
<gtg658q@mail.gatech.edu> wrote:

>Hey Everyone,
> I recorded this new song with my friend Ross Marvin for a web site that
>I am making. It's called "SayWhat." Talk a look...
>
> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/kevindemarcomusic.htm

Mmmm - OK, but the phased drumming is total disaster area - kill it
quickly.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
August 7, 2004 3:35:00 AM

Hi,

I ran into a security feature on my Mac system a few days back that purports
to be able to lock a file. I've loaded one file up to my idisk into the
public folder. It's locked. It's a file called Schoeps/THE Split.mp3.

If you have the inclination, let me know if you can pull it down and play it.
The URL is:
http://homepage.mac.com/tyreeford/FileSharing5.html

Thanks,

Ty Ford

stuff are at http://home.comcast.net/~tyreeford
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 7:49:55 AM

"Ty Ford" <tyreeford@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I ran into a security feature on my Mac system a few days back that
purports
> to be able to lock a file. I've loaded one file up to my idisk into the
> public folder. It's locked. It's a file called Schoeps/THE Split.mp3.
>
> If you have the inclination, let me know if you can pull it down and play
it.
> The URL is:
> http://homepage.mac.com/tyreeford/FileSharing5.html

It's locked for me.
--

Neil Henderson
Saqqara Records

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 23:35:00 -0400, Ty Ford <tyreeford@comcast.net>
wrote:

> It's a file called Schoeps/THE Split.mp3.
>
>If you have the inclination, let me know if you can pull it down and play it.

IrfanView says "type: no file loaded" and won't play. But
why post it?

Maybe I just don't know what "locked" means. My Apple is 20-odd
years out of date.

Chris Hornbeck
"Whether ours shall be a government of laws and not of men is now
for Congress and ultimately the American people." -Archibald Cox
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 12:58:08 PM

Locked audio file or unlocked audio file. Help test this for me.

Group: rec.audio.pro Date: Fri, Aug 6, 2004, 11:35pm From:
tyreeford@comcast.net (Ty Ford)
Hi,
I ran into a security feature on my Mac system a few days back that
purports to be able to lock a file. I've loaded one file up to my idisk
into the public folder. It's locked. It's a file called Schoeps/THE
Split.mp3.
If you have the inclination, let me know if you can pull it down and
play it. The URL is:
http://homepage.mac.com/tyreeford/FileSharing5.html
Thanks,
Ty Ford <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I could hear the first two sounds. Sort of a "clunk, clunk".

et
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 2:33:23 PM

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 00:17:54 -0400, Chris Hornbeck wrote
(in article <6ml8h0hacpk2jo0i2d9teak8qsov1e8ti1@4ax.com>):

> On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 23:35:00 -0400, Ty Ford <tyreeford@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> It's a file called Schoeps/THE Split.mp3.
>>
>> If you have the inclination, let me know if you can pull it down and play
>> it.
>
> IrfanView says "type: no file loaded" and won't play. But
> why post it?
>
> Maybe I just don't know what "locked" means. My Apple is 20-odd
> years out of date.
>
> Chris Hornbeck
> "Whether ours shall be a government of laws and not of men is now
> for Congress and ultimately the American people." -Archibald Cox

While cruising my Apps folder on the G5, I saw this Security app in the
Classic folder. You can encrypt a file with a password. The version 2.2 I
have says it encrypts and compresses the file.

I thought it might be useful for putting files in the same public folder when
you only want one person to be able to access the file.

Again, I have no clue as to what a PC would do with the file.

If you're curious enough, see if there's a download for the mac App Security
and see if it will run on you Mac.

Regards,

Ty

stuff are at http://home.comcast.net/~tyreeford
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 2:33:24 PM

Ty Ford wrote:

> I have no clue as to what a PC would do with the file.

Foobar2000 errors out when I try to open it:

INFO (CORE) : startup time: 469 ms
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://C:\temp\Schoeps 2FTHE Split.mp3-link.mp3" (0)
ERROR (CORE) : error opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://C:\temp\Schoeps 2FTHE Split.mp3-link.mp3" (0)
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 8:07:16 PM

In article <TKidnQGPS43p04ncRVn-tA@comcast.com>, Ty Ford
<tyreeford@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I ran into a security feature on my Mac system a few days back that purports
> to be able to lock a file. I've loaded one file up to my idisk into the
> public folder. It's locked. It's a file called Schoeps/THE Split.mp3.
>
> If you have the inclination, let me know if you can pull it down and play it.
> The URL is:
> http://homepage.mac.com/tyreeford/FileSharing5.html

Downloaded fine Ty, but it won't let me play it without the pass phrase.

I'm running Panther on the G4 and it switched on Classic to get the pass
phrase. Now you have to tell me the pass phrase!

Oh and one more thing - before you go playing those files I sent you you
should know that there is a 1.5db difference in recorded level, (suffix a
is the higher of the two) so you might want to apply gain as required.

--
Mike Clayton
Anonymous

wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I ran into a security feature on my Mac system a few days back that purports
>to be able to lock a file. I've loaded one file up to my idisk into the
>public folder. It's locked. It's a file called Schoeps/THE Split.mp3.
>
>If you have the inclination, let me know if you can pull it down and play it.
>The URL is:
>http://homepage.mac.com/tyreeford/FileSharing5.html

I get the file fine in win98. but Winamp refuses to play it, and
Windows Media Player gives the following error:
Windows Media Player does not support this file type
Error ID = 0x80040265, Remedy ID = 0x00000000

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
!