Flashed a SL45 to 56 enable Java but it does not show up..

Last response: in Brands
October 8, 2004 5:30:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Every thing seems to go OK and updated the MMC card with the SL45i files but
the phone does not show any option for Java..?

Used the SL4x Java Activator V0.1b by Warlord711 that was supplies with
the SLIK 56 firmware..

And glues..?

Siemens Mobile Control does show that the firmware as 56.

Thanks
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 3:38:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:30:28 +1300, London Midland & Scotland
<lms@rail.co.uk> wrote:

>Every thing seems to go OK and updated the MMC card with the SL45i files but
>the phone does not show any option for Java..?
>
>Used the SL4x Java Activator V0.1b by Warlord711 that was supplies with
>the SLIK 56 firmware..

Are you sure it did its job? Did you check the box to say you are
using FW54 or later (write full block (followed by block number which
I can't remember))?

Thanks,
Andrew.
My Email: use <andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org>.
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 3:35:29 AM

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 23:38:36 +0100, Andrew Hodgson <me3@privacy.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:30:28 +1300, London Midland & Scotland
><lms@rail.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Every thing seems to go OK and updated the MMC card with the SL45i files but
>>the phone does not show any option for Java..?
>>
>>Used the SL4x Java Activator V0.1b by Warlord711 that was supplies with
>>the SLIK 56 firmware..
>
>Are you sure it did its job? Did you check the box to say you are
>using FW54 or later (write full block (followed by block number which
>I can't remember))?
>
>Thanks,
>Andrew.

Well that Tick I think was for FullBlock 5005 [FW54 Only], and it did
report that it flashed it ok, it has a option to save the block or to restore
the block, but nothing about block numbers.

But may be its to be used with FW56 as that might not have been out at that
time.?

Instruction Page.
""Short Instruction:

- Under "Options" choose ComPort and Speed
- Switch off Mobile, plug to cable
- Click on Connect ! - wait up to 2 seconds - press 2-3 times quickly Power On
Key on your mobile
- The mobile Display shows "Service Mode"
- Now you can use "backup blocks" and "Restore Blocks" to backup or restore
the blocks the program will change before activating java

- NOTICE: On firmware 54, you maybe need to activate "FullBlock 5005" for
Java activation

- Now just klick "Activate Java" - wait for the message that tells you done
successfull
- Leave program

The Phone shows the correct firmware using the *#06# code..

Can you explain why its referred to as SLIK..?

Also what is the Largest MMC card I can use..?

I did Flash the phone a second time, but I don't know if I used the Java
Activator with98 or XP, but when I tried it the other day using 98 it came
back that the phone was set to the 32k default baud rate, and could not
connect at 115k. yes it did go into Service mode but then dropped out, with
that error message..??

But it does work ok with XP with no errors..

I think the first time I used it with 98 all was ok..

Thanks for your help
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 6:14:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 23:38:36 +0100, Andrew Hodgson <me3@privacy.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:30:28 +1300, London Midland & Scotland
><lms@rail.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Every thing seems to go OK and updated the MMC card with the SL45i files but
>>the phone does not show any option for Java..?
>>
>>Used the SL4x Java Activator V0.1b by Warlord711 that was supplies with
>>the SLIK 56 firmware..
>
>Are you sure it did its job? Did you check the box to say you are
>using FW54 or later (write full block (followed by block number which
>I can't remember))?
>
>Thanks,
>Andrew.

Thanks that is what it needed.

But will not connect at 115200, only its default rate of 57600 when using the
Java Activator, but it did activate as it now list Java.

The computer port speed is set for 115200.

When I used the SLIK FW56 and don't know what speed it was set for, all I
did was to turn off the syncstation, as I was using a Data cable..

Now to see what I can do with the Java option..

Do you have any thing worth while..?
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 1:47:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 02:14:27 +1300, London Midland & Scotland
<lms@rail.co.uk> wrote:

>On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 23:38:36 +0100, Andrew Hodgson <me3@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:30:28 +1300, London Midland & Scotland
>><lms@rail.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>>>Every thing seems to go OK and updated the MMC card with the SL45i files but
>>>the phone does not show any option for Java..?
>>>
>>>Used the SL4x Java Activator V0.1b by Warlord711 that was supplies with
>>>the SLIK 56 firmware..
>>
>>Are you sure it did its job? Did you check the box to say you are
>>using FW54 or later (write full block (followed by block number which
>>I can't remember))?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Andrew.
>

>Thanks that is what it needed.
>
>But will not connect at 115200, only its default rate of 57600 when using the
>Java Activator, but it did activate as it now list Java.

No this software is weird, it sometimes takes a few attempts to
activate also as it won't connect.

>The computer port speed is set for 115200.
>
>When I used the SLIK FW56 and don't know what speed it was set for, all I
>did was to turn off the syncstation, as I was using a Data cable..

SLIK btw means international firmware, there is slck which is Asiatic
version.

Andrew.
My Email: use <andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org>.
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 3:02:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Hi Andrew

Thanks

Any decent Java App that is worth getting..?

!