Sign in with
Your question

Every game i play Crahes

Last response: in Windows 7
April 21, 2012 10:37:16 PM

Hello I have a problem were every game I play crashes after 5 to 25 minutes.My computer doesnt crash just the game, and it gets kinda annoying after a while. I also play a lot of real time strategy games were if i crash i lose. This has happened in League of legends, Modern warfare 2, and World at war. Please help me my computer isnt that old, about a year. I know that my pc isnt over heating, i have watched the temps carefuly while in game. If you can help please do :wahoo: 

CPU: amd phenom 4 core 3.2ghz with a cooler master hyper 212 plus

Mother board: Msi 870A-g54

Hard drive: Western digital 500gb

Power: Ocz 600w

Video card: nvidia 550 ti

ram: G skill ripjaw 8gb

I am pretty sure every thing is up to date. I know that the video card and the mother board are.

Thank you for the help

More about : game play crahes

April 21, 2012 10:43:10 PM

It might be your memory. Have you tried to install one module at a time? Who is the graphics card manufacturer and what version of the graphics card update do you have, please.
m
l
April 21, 2012 11:27:37 PM

Hello and thank you for responding.

No i havent tried 1 module at a time,and i will try that and see if it works.

My graphics card is the gefore nvidia 550 ti, its just the stock.

It currently has the 296.10 update, which is the latest
m
l
Related resources
April 21, 2012 11:35:19 PM

Oh, ok. I was going to say if the graphics card manufacturer was, say Asus for example, just go to Asus.com and download the latest drivers. I have actually learned that 296.10 might be a little buggy. So you might have to go with a driver that is slightly older.
m
l
April 21, 2012 11:46:06 PM

I had a problem similar to this when I bought my current rig, and after much frustration it turned out to be the RAM like xunicronx said. I recommend you run memtest86+ (will take a few hours so be ready). If any errors come up in the ram it's bad, and you will have to either return them as I did, or buy new modules.
m
l
April 22, 2012 12:40:11 AM

Do you know the most stable update as of this time ? I dont know which updates are good or not?

Thank you for replaying Dandalf i will run memtest tonight, and see if any thing comes up
m
l
April 22, 2012 1:33:40 PM

i ran memtest and it had no errors.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 22, 2012 2:21:01 PM

Recommend prime95 over memtest86. In several posts I've seen posters who have had no errers using memtest, but recieved errors with Prime 95 - Also noted this on one of my systems.

Recommend runing prime 95 and also monitor voltages, primarily your +12 V rail.
While you indicated temps were ok, monitor your cpu temps closely for the first 15 mins as prime95 will heat up cpu more than any game.

If Prime 95 dose NOT have any problems (recommend leaving run for a Min of 4 Hours. then try furmark, again mointor +12 V rail. If you pass Prime 95 and fail Furmark (and +12 V is fine) then I would suspect the GPU driver.

PS On choice of memory testing program.
Memtest 86, from Bootable CD. ALWASY use for new system and when ever changing memory / memory parameters, BEFORE upgrading BIOS firmware and or loading windows.
Prime95. After windows has been loaded an memory error are a suspect.
m
l
April 22, 2012 8:25:38 PM

Thank you for replaying i will run prome 95 and furmark.
I will also moniter my +12 v rail while testing, just for curiosity what is the +12 v rail ?

I will get back with you as soon as its done
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 22, 2012 8:54:30 PM

Your PSU has several outputs ie +3.3 V, +5 V, +12V, and a -12V, and some older ones a -5V. these are called rails. The +12 V is often split in to several rails caled +12V1, +12V2 est.

The +12 V is the Most used and provides the bulk of the power output to the computer. The +12V is converted to the approx +1 Volt used by the CPU and in many of the newer systems is also used to convert down to the 1.5 V (Ram Voltage use to be provided by the +3.3 V in older systems) used by DDR3 Ram, Also provides the majority of power required by the Graphics subsystem.
m
l
!