Game movies

I was thinking about movies based on games. Someday they might make a
doom movie, but they could never have a Half Life movie.

By the time Valve authenticated your ticket and they let you in, the
movie would be over. :(

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 02:27:35 GMT, Jeff Holinski <holinski@shaw.com>
wrote:

>I was thinking about movies based on games. Someday they might make a
>doom movie, but they could never have a Half Life movie.
>
>By the time Valve authenticated your ticket and they let you in, the
>movie would be over. :(

LOL !

( And wait for Twitty's reply..... )

John Lewis

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Jeff Holinski wrote:

> By the time Valve authenticated your ticket and they let you in, the
> movie would be over. :(

brilliant! let me give it a try with another one about steam...
you go to a burger house, you order your burger, they give you a delicious
just cooked burger, you pay, you go and sit at a table, but you have to wait
cause you can only start eating when they say so... you wait hours...
and finally the permission came but by that time your burger is completely
rotten and half eaten by disgusting worms and not even starving dog would
want it!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

John Lewis wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 02:27:35 GMT, Jeff Holinski <holinski@shaw.com>
> wrote:
>

>>I was thinking about movies based on games. Someday they might make a
>>doom movie, but they could never have a Half Life movie.
>>
>>By the time Valve authenticated your ticket and they let you in, the
>>movie would be over. :(
>>

> LOL !
>
> ( And wait for Twitty's reply..... )

And yet look who replied first with a rather embarassing laugh at
something that wasn't really that funny. You see, ALL cinemas check
your ticket. So, erm, you'll have to try harder.

"Walter Mitty" <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> John Lewis wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 02:27:35 GMT, Jeff Holinski <holinski@shaw.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>I was thinking about movies based on games. Someday they might make a
>>>doom movie, but they could never have a Half Life movie.
>>>
>>>By the time Valve authenticated your ticket and they let you in, the
>>>movie would be over. :(
>>>

>> LOL !
>>
>> ( And wait for Twitty's reply..... )
>>

> And yet look who replied first with a rather embarassing laugh at
> something that wasn't really that funny. You see, ALL cinemas check your
> ticket. So, erm, you'll have to try harder.

I have yet to see a movie theater ticket check stall for an hour because (a)
the network is slow, (b) a server thousands of miles away that you'd never
heard of is busy, (c) a server thousands of miles away that you'd never
heard of is dead or (d) because you don't have broadband at home. I have yet
to see a movie theater ticket check denied because the very act of
authenticating the ticket required you to create yet another online identity
that can be stolen or cancelled remotely.

SpammersDie wrote:
> "Walter Mitty" <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>John Lewis wrote:

>>>LOL !
>>>
>>>( And wait for Twitty's reply..... )
>>>

>>And yet look who replied first with a rather embarassing laugh at
>>something that wasn't really that funny. You see, ALL cinemas check your
>>ticket. So, erm, you'll have to try harder.
>

> I have yet to see a movie theater ticket check stall for an hour because (a)
> the network is slow, (b) a server thousands of miles away that you'd never
> heard of is busy, (c) a server thousands of miles away that you'd never
> heard of is dead or (d) because you don't have broadband at home. I have yet
> to see a movie theater ticket check denied because the very act of
> authenticating the ticket required you to create yet another online identity
> that can be stolen or cancelled remotely.

And why would you? Sounds a bit silly. Its a cinema : not computer sw.

--
Walter Mitty
-

> SpammersDie wrote:
>> "Walter Mitty" <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

>>>And yet look who replied first with a rather embarassing laugh at
>>>something that wasn't really that funny. You see, ALL cinemas check your
>>>ticket. So, erm, you'll have to try harder.
>>
>> I have yet to see a movie theater ticket check stall for an hour because
>> (a) the network is slow, (b) a server thousands of miles away that you'd
>> never heard of is busy, (c) a server thousands of miles away that you'd
>> never heard of is dead or (d) because you don't have broadband at home. I
>> have yet to see a movie theater ticket check denied because the very act
>> of authenticating the ticket required you to create yet another online
>> identity that can be stolen or cancelled remotely.
>>
> And why would you? Sounds a bit silly.

Exactly! It would be every bit as silly as err... making an internet
connection and the existence of a Valve-controlled auth server a REQUIREMENT
of a single-player game sold in a retail SKU.

SpammersDie wrote:
> "Walter Mitty" <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>SpammersDie wrote:
>>
>>>"Walter Mitty" <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

>>>I have yet to see a movie theater ticket check stall for an hour because
>>>(a) the network is slow, (b) a server thousands of miles away that you'd
>>>never heard of is busy, (c) a server thousands of miles away that you'd
>>>never heard of is dead or (d) because you don't have broadband at home. I
>>>have yet to see a movie theater ticket check denied because the very act
>>>of authenticating the ticket required you to create yet another online
>>>identity that can be stolen or cancelled remotely.
>>>

>>And why would you? Sounds a bit silly.
>

> Exactly! It would be every bit as silly as err... making an internet
> connection and the existence of a Valve-controlled auth server a REQUIREMENT
> of a single-player game sold in a retail SKU.

Erm no. You do have the ticket checked once when you go into the
auditorium. Ditto with Steam. You do know you can run in offline mode
dont you?

--
Walter Mitty
-