  • Siemens
  • Book
Last response: in Brands
October 23, 2004 7:54:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Dear Experts - My SL45 has suddenly started to refuse to "progress"
through my address book and returns "MMC Card error" or "Address Book is
initialising" for ever!
Apart from reformatting the card [and losing addresses :( ] can anyone
offer any other suggestions, please?
I cannot read the card via Siemens Data Sync or Outlook/Datasuite.

David

--

More about : sl45 fails read mmc

Anonymous
October 24, 2004 5:17:50 PM

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:54:57 +0100, fumier <fumier@zizigonflable.co.uk> wrote:

>Dear Experts - My SL45 has suddenly started to refuse to "progress"
>through my address book and returns "MMC Card error" or "Address Book is
>initialising" for ever!
>Apart from reformatting the card [and losing addresses :( ] can anyone
>offer any other suggestions, please?
>I cannot read the card via Siemens Data Sync or Outlook/Datasuite.
>
>David

Try and use a external card reader, plus I have seen reference to programs
that can recover corrupted cards..
Anonymous
October 24, 2004 11:42:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

The message <j2tln09dk2i67miru95bcihejlkmpinqj3@4ax.com>
from London Midland & Scotland <lms@rail.co.uk> contains these words:
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:54:57 +0100, fumier
> <fumier@zizigonflable.co.uk> wrote:
> >Dear Experts - My SL45 has suddenly started to refuse to "progress"
> >through my address book and returns "MMC Card error" or "Address Book is
> >initialising" for ever!
> >Apart from reformatting the card [and losing addresses :( ] can anyone
> >offer any other suggestions, please?
> >I cannot read the card via Siemens Data Sync or Outlook/Datasuite.
> >
> >David

> Try and use a external card reader, plus I have seen reference to programs
> that can recover corrupted cards..

Thanks for suggestion, LM&S. Copied files with card reader (carefuly
remembering to set address and mp3 attibs to Hidden and Archive,
afterwards). Suspect that card was full but not reporting it. Removed
20+ names/details, deleted all records from phone, reformatted MMC card
and reloaded (via Outlook)/ All appears to be hunky dory, till the next
time!

Anybody seen a "converter" to use old Siemens chargers/in car with new
A60+ series with much narrower socket at base, please?

David

--
SATOR
AREPO