SL45 fails to read MMC??

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Dear Experts - My SL45 has suddenly started to refuse to "progress"
through my address book and returns "MMC Card error" or "Address Book is
initialising" for ever!
Apart from reformatting the card [and losing addresses :(] can anyone
offer any other suggestions, please?
I cannot read the card via Siemens Data Sync or Outlook/Datasuite.

David

More about sl45 fails read
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:54:57 +0100, fumier <fumier@zizigonflable.co.uk> wrote:

    >Dear Experts - My SL45 has suddenly started to refuse to "progress"
    >through my address book and returns "MMC Card error" or "Address Book is
    >initialising" for ever!
    >Apart from reformatting the card [and losing addresses :(] can anyone
    >offer any other suggestions, please?
    >I cannot read the card via Siemens Data Sync or Outlook/Datasuite.
    >
    >David

    Try and use a external card reader, plus I have seen reference to programs
    that can recover corrupted cards..
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

    The message <j2tln09dk2i67miru95bcihejlkmpinqj3@4ax.com>
    from London Midland & Scotland <lms@rail.co.uk> contains these words:
    > On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:54:57 +0100, fumier
    > <fumier@zizigonflable.co.uk> wrote:
    > >Dear Experts - My SL45 has suddenly started to refuse to "progress"
    > >through my address book and returns "MMC Card error" or "Address Book is
    > >initialising" for ever!
    > >Apart from reformatting the card [and losing addresses :(] can anyone
    > >offer any other suggestions, please?
    > >I cannot read the card via Siemens Data Sync or Outlook/Datasuite.
    > >
    > >David

    > Try and use a external card reader, plus I have seen reference to programs
    > that can recover corrupted cards..

    Thanks for suggestion, LM&S. Copied files with card reader (carefuly
    remembering to set address and mp3 attibs to Hidden and Archive,
    afterwards). Suspect that card was full but not reporting it. Removed
    20+ names/details, deleted all records from phone, reformatted MMC card
    and reloaded (via Outlook)/ All appears to be hunky dory, till the next
    time!

    Anybody seen a "converter" to use old Siemens chargers/in car with new
    A60+ series with much narrower socket at base, please?

    David

    --
    SATOR
    AREPO