I have had a linksys router BEFSR41 for a couple years
that has worked flawlessly. All of a sudden I started
loosing connection to the net. I have to reset it and it
is ok for a while. I have talked to tec support and I have
tried about all they know to try. The router may be
broken. Any way as I was reading about routers I see
losing connection is a problem that is mentioned quite a
lot with all brands. I am considering going to internet
phone but would need a stable router. Would you share your
experiences good and bad? What usually happens when a
router goes bad? I hate to buy a linksys same model number
and be where I am now.

Thanks Sammy

PaulO

If you plan to use VoIP, check with the VoIP company
first which routers they support. Often this is listed on
their web site. Not all routers seem to work with all
VoIP hardware. This should help you reduce the list of
routers.