Closed

How to buy cheap games!

What's the best way to buy cheap games for PC, XBox, etc?

Is eBay as reliable as some people say it is?
9 answers Last reply
More about cheap games

    Alert wrote:
    > What's the best way to buy cheap games for PC, XBox, etc?
    >
    > Is eBay as reliable as some people say it is?

    Yes and No. Most eBay sellers with a high rating offer good service
    and cheaper games than the high street but ultimately you'll still end
    up spending more than you have to.

    They basically buy their games very cheap and sell them on to you at a
    higher cost. What you really want to do is buy direct from the same
    places they do, this will save you loads.

    This is what I do now and I've saved tons. I struggled to find out how
    for a while but eventually stumbled across a really useful guide at
    www.megaguides.net

    With this info Ive managed to pick up loads of games really cheaply and
    have even sold some myself on eBay.

    Try some of the online game sites like

    www.gogamer.com
    http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/homepages/pcgames/default.asp

    I like to GoGamer. I've gotten several games thru their "48hr Madness"
    sales at discount prices. I think I paid $2 for "American McGee's Alice".
    Plus they have a "PC Blowout" section where you can find some low prices.

    http://www.gogamer.com/cgi-bin/GoGamer.storefront/SESSIONID/Catalog/1033

    "OldDog" <OldDog@citypound.com> wrote in message
    > Try some of the online game sites like
    >
    > www.gogamer.com
    > http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/homepages/pcgames/default.asp
    >
    > I like to GoGamer. I've gotten several games thru their "48hr Madness"
    > sales at discount prices. I think I paid $2 for "American McGee's
    > Alice".
    > Plus they have a "PC Blowout" section where you can find some low prices.
    >
    > http://www.gogamer.com/cgi-bin/GoGamer.storefront/SESSIONID/Catalog/1033

    I like GoGamer also, but there shipping which is $5.99 is steep. I only buy
    from them if it's a super deal. Ebay is where I get most of my games. I've
    gotten some amazing deals on Ebay! JLC

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, "OldDog" wrote:

    > I like to GoGamer. I've gotten several games thru their "48hr Madness"

    gogamer no good, they don't ship worldwide only within the us
    i have little respect for online stores which don't ship worldwide

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    On 24 Jan 2005, Alert wrote:

    > What's the best way to buy cheap games for PC, XBox, etc?

    i don't know about xbox, i don't own it, i don't like it, and i think
    microsoft is using xbox to damage pc games, so i don't care about it

    > Is eBay as reliable as some people say it is?

    ebay is good to find used 2nd hand games, but you can find new pc games
    at extremely low prices even as low as ebay, so i would only use ebay
    for those old hard to find games without any re-release and marked-out

    as for new pc games the best place to buy cheap is third party publishers
    only devoted to publish extremely cheap games with a couple of years old
    but don't be fooled by the price cause the games are FIRST RATE, CLASSICS
    high quality titles, the only difference its they are 3, or 4 years old,
    the original publisher are so stupid and abandoned them, and no longer
    sells so this third party publishers pick them and re-release them with
    a extremely low price
    the games package don't include a printed manual but instead one inside
    the cd-rom in pdf electronic format, the case is the usual dvd movie type
    bottom line, they have a collection of extremely enjoyable and playable
    pc games with fantastic prices! and the one i know are:

    sold-out
    - they ship internationally!
    - low prices bellow 5 £!
    - if you buy 3 you only pay 2!
    - extensive catalog of great pc games to choose from
    - check them out at: http://www.sold-out.co.uk

    xplosiv
    exactly the same as sold-out with prices bellow 5 £ and buy 3 only pay
    2 and ship internationally, but with a different catalog and featuring
    others great pc games
    - check them out at: http://www.xplosiv.net

    then there is also:
    mastertronic but they are not as cheap as sold-out or xplosiv, have a
    smaller catalog of pc games, and don't have the buy 3 pay 2 deal
    http://www.mastertronic.com

    only a final note... don't ever buy any games featuring steam!
    cause games featuring steam ARE THE MOST EXPENSIVE ONES
    steam based games have HIDDEN COSTS not disclosed by the publisher
    at this time only games from publisher valve features steam, one of these
    games is hl2, so never buy hl2 or any other steam based game cause those
    are the type of games will never be CHEAP to buy and play
    say NO to VALVE
    say NO to STEAM
    say NO to HALF-LIFE 2
    say NO to any other steam based valve published game!
    be a steam-free gamer!

    fight steam! fight piracy! and good shopping!

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam

    That's clever spam.

    "citrusbat" <marcus@marcuswright.com> wrote:

    >Alert wrote:
    >> What's the best way to buy cheap games for PC, XBox, etc?
    >>
    >> Is eBay as reliable as some people say it is?
    >
    >Yes and No. Most eBay sellers with a high rating offer good service
    >and cheaper games than the high street but ultimately you'll still end
    >up spending more than you have to.
    >
    >They basically buy their games very cheap and sell them on to you at a
    >higher cost. What you really want to do is buy direct from the same
    >places they do, this will save you loads.
    >
    >This is what I do now and I've saved tons. I struggled to find out how
    >for a while but eventually stumbled across a really useful guide at
    >www.megaguides.net
    >
    >With this info Ive managed to pick up loads of games really cheaply and
    >have even sold some myself on eBay.

    If you have a Half-Price Books (US) in your area, check 'em out. They often
    have cheap games. The one local to me has slowly gotten a bigger and bigger
    game selection.

    "JoeSmooth" <f@ke.70053> wrote in message
    > If you have a Half-Price Books (US) in your area, check 'em out. They
    > often
    > have cheap games. The one local to me has slowly gotten a bigger and
    > bigger
    > game selection.

    I love Half-Price Books! In fact I was just there yesterday. I've gotten
    some amazing deals at that store. The best being Age Of Mythology for $4.99
    6 months after it came out. The guy that prices the games at the store I go
    to doesn't have a clue. And that's a good thing! What's really great is over
    the last few years they are carrying more new games. Not new as in new
    releases ,but new as in not used. They are games that maybe got looked over
    but are still great games, and they sell them for $10 or less. Great store
    for bargain bin junkies like myself. JLC

    "Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message

    > That's clever spam.

    At least one other person sees this.

    And, you're right . . . clever as hell.

    jakesnake

PC gaming How To Games IBM Ebay Xbox Video Games