Will a Siemens cellphone from Canada work in Hong Kong?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

I will be visint Hong Kong later this month. Just wondering if I can
buy a prepard simcard there and use it with my cellphone from Canada
(with Rogers wireless). I'm not sure of te model of the phone though.
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about will siemens cellphone canada work hong kong
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

    need4greed wrote:
    > I will be visint Hong Kong later this month. Just wondering if I can
    > buy a prepard simcard there and use it with my cellphone from Canada
    > (with Rogers wireless). I'm not sure of te model of the phone though.

    If you use GSM (probably when you use a Siemens cell phone), you do not even
    have to change the SIM card:
    http://www.shoprogers.com/store/wireless/coverage/international.asp
    You might want to set some things, though:
    - disable your network voice box as you will pay when someone is rerouted to
    it
    - get information about the cheapest GSM network for you in HK and manually
    set it in the preferred operators list, once you are there. Else the phone
    will pick the currently strongest signal with often results in welcome
    short messages (can be annoying).

    You would be much more limited with TDMA.

    HS

Siemens Cell Phones