CF62 data upload program

Last response: in Brands
December 17, 2004 2:43:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Hello everybody!
Where can I download from some program for uploading data (files) for CF62?
I have spent some time browsing the Internet but to my surprise I found
nothing.
I already have USB data cable.
Thanks in advance for any tips.
December 23, 2004 2:07:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:43:44 -0600, "Tom Jastrzebski" <tom@tom.com>
wrote:

>Hello everybody!
>Where can I download from some program for uploading data (files) for CF62?
>I have spent some time browsing the Internet but to my surprise I found
>nothing.
>I already have USB data cable.
>Thanks in advance for any tips.

Tom,

You will find free downloads on this page:

http://siemens.letstalk.com/product/product.htm/depId_3...

Is that what you need?

Ron
March 29, 2005 2:53:53 AM

wrote:

>Hello everybody!
>Where can I download from some program for uploading data (files) for CF62?
>I have spent some time browsing the Internet but to my surprise I found
>nothing.
>I already have USB data cable.
>Thanks in advance for any tips.

Where did you get the USB data cable for your CF62 phone?
I have the same phone and I've been looking everywhere and can't find
it.
Related resources
March 29, 2005 4:23:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Look it up on eBay or Froogle. This is what somebody advised me when I was
looking for the same type of cable. I expect mine to arrive sometime this
week.

A couple of eBay links (risks yours!):

The above are just for info and are not endorsements of any kind. In fact I
don't even know it will work till it gets here! But you can get some info.

JP

"Hal" <Hal@nospam.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:43:44 -0600, "Tom Jastrzebski" <tom@tom.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hello everybody!
>>Where can I download from some program for uploading data (files) for
>>CF62?
>>I have spent some time browsing the Internet but to my surprise I found
>>nothing.
>>I already have USB data cable.
>>Thanks in advance for any tips.
>>

> Where did you get the USB data cable for your CF62 phone?
> I have the same phone and I've been looking everywhere and can't find
> it.

March 29, 2005 4:25:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

On one of the links above the ad poster gives the compatible models under a
Nokia heading but lists the Siemens models!

JP

"JP" <info2knospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Look it up on eBay or Froogle. This is what somebody advised me when I was
> looking for the same type of cable. I expect mine to arrive sometime this
> week.
>
> A couple of eBay links (risks yours!):
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
>
> The above are just for info and are not endorsements of any kind. In fact
> I don't even know it will work till it gets here! But you can get some
> info.
>
> JP
>

> "Hal" <Hal@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:43:44 -0600, "Tom Jastrzebski" <tom@tom.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Hello everybody!
>>>Where can I download from some program for uploading data (files) for
>>>CF62?
>>>I have spent some time browsing the Internet but to my surprise I found
>>>nothing.
>>>I already have USB data cable.
>>>Thanks in advance for any tips.
>>>

>> Where did you get the USB data cable for your CF62 phone?
>> I have the same phone and I've been looking everywhere and can't find
>> it.

April 5, 2005 2:05:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:25:33 -0800, "JP" <info2knospam@yahoo.com>
wrote:
>On one of the links above the ad poster gives the compatible models under a
>Nokia heading but lists the Siemens models!
>> Look it up on eBay or Froogle. This is what somebody advised me when I was
>> looking for the same type of cable. I expect mine to arrive sometime this
>> week.
>> A couple of eBay links (risks yours!):
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
>> The above are just for info and are not endorsements of any kind. In fact
>> I don't even know it will work till it gets here! But you can get some
>> info.
>> JP

Just got back and found your reply, thanks.

Were you able to find the software on the Siemens web site?
I got the software from there and if you were unable, I will find the
exact link again and post it. Let me know.

Also, did you receive the cable yet, and if yes, does it work alright.
If also yes, please tell me which company that advertized on ebay you
got it from. And the link would be very helpful. Don't worry, I
won't hold you responsible what happens, just looking for a satisfied
customer before placing an order for the cable.
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 7:52:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Go to the Siemens international site, select CF62 there. The software
I downloaded there worked on my T-Mobile CF62T.

Incidentally, the cable I use with my CF62T is the AT&T marketed USB
data cable for the S56 (& SL56) and it works well.

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 10:05:21 -0400, Hal <Hal@nospam.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:25:33 -0800, "JP" <info2knospam@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>>On one of the links above the ad poster gives the compatible models under a
>>Nokia heading but lists the Siemens models!
>>> Look it up on eBay or Froogle. This is what somebody advised me when I was
>>> looking for the same type of cable. I expect mine to arrive sometime this
>>> week.
>>> A couple of eBay links (risks yours!):
>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
>>> The above are just for info and are not endorsements of any kind. In fact
>>> I don't even know it will work till it gets here! But you can get some
>>> info.
>>> JP
>
>Just got back and found your reply, thanks.
>
>Were you able to find the software on the Siemens web site?
>I got the software from there and if you were unable, I will find the
>exact link again and post it. Let me know.
>
>Also, did you receive the cable yet, and if yes, does it work alright.
>If also yes, please tell me which company that advertized on ebay you
>got it from. And the link would be very helpful. Don't worry, I
>won't hold you responsible what happens, just looking for a satisfied
>customer before placing an order for the cable.

Anonymous
April 6, 2005 8:58:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Hi,

Yes, we did get the cable. And, generic though it is, it works perfectly!
The link where we bought it from is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5741... One wonders
why the company is called "DKU-5" which is a Nokia Data Cable!

Some functions do not work though - it is a reflection of the phone and not
the cable, I think.

I plugged in just the cable first - installed the driver - pulled the cable
out - connected the cable to the phone - inserted the cable (with the phone
now attached to it) back into my compuer. And there it was. It showed up in
My Computer. I am using it just to transfer some graphics and ringtones back
and forth.

Yes, I'd be glad if you could post the revised link to the software (Data
Suite) I cannot find it now!

HTH. Post a response if you need any further info on the purchase.

Live long and prosper. Damn the Vulcans for stealing our line.

Andromedan

PS: I am posting this on JP's behalf - he is away for a while.

: wrote:
: >On one of the links above the ad poster gives the compatible models under
: >Nokia heading but lists the Siemens models!
: >> Look it up on eBay or Froogle. This is what somebody advised me when I
was
: >> looking for the same type of cable. I expect mine to arrive sometime
this
: >> week.
: >> A couple of eBay links (risks yours!):
: >>
: >>
:
: Just got back and found your reply, thanks.
:
: Were you able to find the software on the Siemens web site?
: I got the software from there and if you were unable, I will find the
: exact link again and post it. Let me know.
:
: Also, did you receive the cable yet, and if yes, does it work alright.
: If also yes, please tell me which company that advertized on ebay you
: got it from. And the link would be very helpful. Don't worry, I
: won't hold you responsible what happens, just looking for a satisfied
: customer before placing an order for the cable.
:
:
April 13, 2005 3:32:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:58:44 -0700, "Andromedan"
<andromedan@galaxy.universe> wrote:
>Yes, I'd be glad if you could post the revised link to the software (Data
>Suite) I cannot find it now!
>HTH. Post a response if you need any further info on the purchase.
>Live long and prosper. Damn the Vulcans for stealing our line.
>Andromedan
>PS: I am posting this on JP's behalf - he is away for a while.

This long link will take you to a page on the Siemens CF62 download
site. The link is all on one line, with underscores instead of spaces.

If because of its length, this link gets broken onto two or more lines
in this message, and therefore does not work, I have placed the much
shorter link to just the software download at the bottom of this
message.

http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,...

This link will display the following information and a link to the
software download:

SDS for CF62
Siemens Data Suite Software

Version: 1.0.3.82
Compatible with Microsoft Windows ME, 98, NT 4.0, 2000, XP

(zip, 18713 Kb)
The Siemens Data Suite for the CF62 provides you with all the
necessities you need for managing your mobile data on the PC.
You can easily edit phonebook data or sync your telephone
numbers between your CF62 and your PC.
The message application enables you to send or organize your
SMS / EMS messages like you're used with Outlook's Emails on
your PC.
With the GPRS Modem application you'll have a convenient
possibility to enhance your laptop into a mobile office with
Internet connection.
The ringtone and bitmap editor will enable you to
ndividualize your mobile with fancy bitmaps and ringtones and
with the Mobile Explorer plug-in you'll have access to all
your files on the phone's filesystem.

Install the Siemens Data Suite for CF62 and you'll enhance the
features of your mobile and your computer as well.

Note: Please uninstall any previous version of the Siemens
Data Suite before installing the new software!

--> Download

If you want to skip the above page and go directly to the download,
just click on the link below:

http://communications.siemens.com/repository/369/36975/...
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 3:39:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.siemens (More info?)

Thanks for the link. I downloaded the application and it works perfectly.

!